Modern Day Serial Killer (descriptive essay -material thing that has changed my life)

jameszimm1 1 / -  
Modern Day Serial Killer

Imagine if you could picture each and every person on earth who has died a slow, painful death due to the many harms caused by tobacco abuse, standing in a single file line, how long would you think that line could stretch? Tobacco is one of the most addictive drugs legally sold all around the world due to the extensive figures the product generates annually, and to think people continue paying the government to silently kill themselves seems absurd. Most people are subversive when it comes to kicking a bad habit, however, the stench of toxic fumes, the taste of over four thousand chemical compounds, or the sight of hundreds of cig butts littering my front yard made me feel complacent with quitting. Superior health, a few extra bucks in your wallet, and an overall better appearance are all perks when it comes to dropping such an ugly habit. The day I decided to quit smoking tobacco products truly changed my life for the better and I can't thank myself enough.

THESIS IN BOLD. this is due monday and i want a professional opinion on this... tell it like it straight up is... does this essay seem relevant or stupid? please respond
Imagine if you could picture each and every person on earth who has died a slow, painful death due to the many harms caused by tobacco abuse, standing in a single file line.---How do you feel about dividing this into 2 sentences, like this?--- How long would you think that line could stretch?

Tobacco is one of the most addictive drugs legally sold all around the world, due to the extensive figures the product generates annually, and to think people continue paying the government to silently kill themselves seems absurd.---I think this should say "...to silently kill them ". 'Themselves' sounded like the government killing themselves.

...the taste of over four thousand chemical compounds, or the sight of hundreds of cigarette butts littering my front yard made me feel complacent about quitting.

Better health, a few extra bucks in your wallet, and an overall better appearance are all perks when it comes to dropping such an ugly habit.

The day I decided to quit smoking tobacco products truly changed my life for the better, and I can't thank myself enough.

I like your ending a lot! 'Can't thank myself enough' is funny and great! Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / Modern Day Serial Killer (descriptive essay -material thing that has changed my life)