Modern technology has increased material wealth

sung_tung 5 / 9  
Can you help me to find some ideas for the following topic:

"Modern technology has increased materials wealth, but not happiness. To what extent do you agree with this statement? Use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence"

I think about the two ideas:
_ Modern technology has increased materials wealth
_But it doesn't bring happiness

I've search for some information but not find any example or specific reasons.

Thanks very much in advance
stevieg 2 / 3  
You can talk about how modern technology calls for more skillful labor, hence more lucrative jobs, and that might contribute to increase in material wealth.

Back in 19th century, Russia began industrialization under Tsar Nicholas II and the development of technology and subsequent building of Sub-Siberian Railway has rejuvenated the Russian economy and more people moved into the city with better wages and lifestyle.
louischung - / 1  
You may consider the negative impacts of technologies, such as the lack of face-to-face communications which hinder social interactions and communications. You can cite some social networking sites like Facebook as you example, in order to support your answer.
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
talk about how technology has affected your life. For me it was contacts when they first came out. maybe something you use and take for granted?

@stevieg. russian history good idea but maybe something more personal?

but it says "Use your own ideas,... "

happy holloween btw.
OP sung_tung 5 / 9  
essay topic about technology

Please help me find some ideas and examples for the following topic:

Topic: Nowadays, communicating with others is faster and easier thanks to technology like email, cellular phones and beepers. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I'm going to make an outline like that
A Introduction:
Technology (E-mails, phones, cell phones, beepers...) has improved the way people live.
B Body
_Time (quick) (Please help me to find some examples/ some comparision and contrast with the way people communicated many years ago)
_Convenience (effective)
_ Money (cheap)

I'd rather state that : New technologies like television and the Internet help us get information quicker and easier (lastest news..). What do you think about this statement?

C Conclusion
...
Thanks.

Home / Essays / Modern technology has increased material wealth