Too much money on repairing old buildings instead of pulling them down and constructing the new ones

ellie1912 1 / -  
IELTS

government spend money on repairing old buildings or building new ones. agree, disagee?

It is controversial that the government spent too much money on repairing old buildings instead of pulling down them and constructing new ones. From my point of view, I agree with this statement that we should continue looking after some ancient buildings and in this essay, I will explain my opinion.

On the one hand, many old buildings have their values that we need to preserve. For instance, some historical buildings have witnessed their country's history from the past to the present such as Thang Long Imperial Citadel, and Turtle Tower in Ha Noi. Therefore, it not only has historical values but also our country's cultural values that we need to preserve for the next generation.

On the other hand, even some buildings that do not have cultural values in the country, repairing them on some sides will be more economical than knocking down them. For instance, when building a more modern one, architects and designers need to update the newest technology which costs lots of money but may not bring advantages all the time. Meanwhile, the technology our generation used in the past was still fine and good if repairing them.

Most importantly, building a new building causes many environmental problems in some ways. Examples of this are transporting materials for construction which is one of the causes of air pollution, using some building machines that can cause noise pollution which bothers lots of surrounding people, and so forth. As a result, if there are 10 old buildings that need to be reconstructed, these problems will proliferate.

In conclusion, it is undeniable that many buildings are so old that we can not continue repairing and decorating them, so the government should take these old buildings into consideration whether they need to be knocked down and rebuilt due to their detrimental sides.
Avoid exaggerating your reference to the discussion topic as the examiner will definitely lower your score in that aspect. It affects your task accuracy compliance when you restate the subject using inflammatory words. Focus instead on presenting clear thoughts uniformly throughout the essay. Make sure that you do not overstate nor understate any information. Such mistakes will not help to improve your score.

A comparison discussion cannot be used in this instance. The prompt requires you to defend your personal opinion. Indicating that your reasoning paragraphs should prove the correctness of your presentation. The clarity of your explanation and opinion defense becomes confusing when you try to explain both sides and offer some sort of supporting opinion for each. Your GRA score will be affected along with the C+C sections as you will be presenting information that does not support your originally supported stance.

Home / Writing Feedback / Too much money on repairing old buildings instead of pulling them down and constructing the new ones