IELTS Task1: Money Spent and Consumption of Fast Food in Britian

Rae Zhang 1 / -  

expenditure on fast foods by income groups in the uk

The chart compares the expenditure on fast foods on a weekly basis according to various income levels of British people, and the graph illustrates the consuming tendency of three types of fast foods.

Overall, citizens who had a higher income tended to spend more on fast foods than others. And in terms of types, hamburger, and fish&chips were becoming more popular over the twenty-year period.

According to the bar graph, high-income people loved hamburger the most which cost them more than 40 pence per week, followed by average and low income person who spent 25 and just above 15 pence respectively. In contrast, pizza was the most unwelcome food, especially for low-income people, with the least expenditure of just above 5 pence per week.

In 1970, more than 300 million pizzas were sold which ranked the first, whereas the selling amounts of fish&chips and hamburger were both under 100 million. Over the next decade, the amount of pizza sold saw a slight decline to around 200 million while the other two became more popular and overtook it in the years 1980 and 1985. In 1990, fish&chips attracted more than 500 million consumers followed by hamburger(300 million) and fish&chips(200 million).

Thanks for your time and patience♡♡♡

Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Rae Zhang
Hello. Welcome here. I hope you're doing well in your learning journey. If you find this feedback helpful, you can always come back to us.

The first paragraph is sufficient. I would suggest, though, separating the two lines with something a little bit stronger. Try having two separate sentences with a period rather than a comma.

Apart from that, the succeeding paragraphs had concerns mostly circulating around the structure. I would recommend trying to make more concise your sentences to help readers digest the information. In particular, the third paragraph needs a bit of work in terms of separating your thoughts and prioritizing opinions. Try to observe and revise your analysis to better fit the main thesis statements that you ought to follow throughout.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task1: Money Spent and Consumption of Fast Food in Britian