Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

"Music is a well-received art form" - IELTS - Music

TTJudy 4 / 3  
Topic:
There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays?

Essay:
Music is a well-received art form whose basic elements are sound and silence. Originated from prehistoric eras, it now has evolved into a great variety of genres and subgenres, which is by no means a coincidence.

Though generally perceived as a means of emotional expression, music has far more functional uses beyond that. Music therapy is now widely used by psychologists to deal with sensory impairment, cognitive disorders, and communication disabilities, to name only a few. Farmers nowadays are using music to enhance the production of agricultural products, which is cheap, clean and easy to implement. Still another aspect worth mentioning is the music industry itself. With the development of compact disc, digital devices and the Internet, music nowadays comprises a large proportion of people's daily entertainment, therefore giving birth to a new industry in modern society. No instances other than the prosperity of Apple's iPod and iTunes could demonstrate that more tellingly.

Some may argue since the trend of globalization is getting accelerated, traditional music of a country will gradually diminish, citing as evidence that International music can be heard almost everywhere nowadays. Such prediction is unfounded. Music by itself is a certain output of one's thoughts, which is inevitably influenced by ancestors' cultural heritage. Because of such a character, no music will be genuinely accepted without sharing a common cultural recognition with its people.

As to conclude, it is foreseeable that music will continue to play an important role in modern society, not only giving people mental soothing and releasing, but also providing solution to a variety of problems. And despite the pace of cultural integration, the importance of traditional music will remain its statue.

isai 12 / 111  
Greetings !

( Sentence fragment) And despite the pace of cultural integration, the importance of traditional music will remain its statue. Please refine your sentence.

overall...good work
hvthoteen 16 / 44  
in the introductory paragraph, you do not mention that you will also discuss about "Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays?"

Moreover, your ideas in the third paragraph seem irrelevant because the question focus on the importance of traditional music compared with international music
That is my opinion

Home / Writing Feedback / "Music is a well-received art form" - IELTS - Music
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: