Home / Writing Feedback % width   Posts: 2

Task 2: Nations should spend more money on skills and vocational training for practical work

Helen335 4 / 7  
Promt: Nations should spend more money on skills and vocational training for practical work, rather than on university education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some individuals hold the view that allocating significant government funds to skills and professional training for practical work is better than allocating them to higher educational institutions. From my perspective, I fully support this viewpoint for several reasons and offer my own opinion in the following essay.
I endorse the idea that spending more money on skills and vocational training courses for practical work is superior to a university education. It is due to the focus on developing a vocational workforce that plays an important role in the nation's growth, resulting in the generation of significant wealth. Therefore, this workforce is a crucial human resource for growing the nation's economy and society. In contrast, being excessively knowledgeable workforce leadS to the loss of labor positions and more and more people would like to respond to higher positions such as leader, manager, or executive. This means the production would be delegated and rare. For instance, the number of Vietnamese graduates has dramatically increased in recent years, leading to harsher competition in the labor market and the rising rate of unemployment.
Furthermore, investing in vocational schools helps graduates apply knowledge in practical work rapidly and effectively, thanking for comprehensive professional training programs. Besides, they are prepared with sufficient soft skills such as presentation, time management, and organization to address work tasks and are easily accepted in a position. For instance, over 80% of German students pursued vocational studying courses after graduating high school because it brings a stable salary level instantly. Meanwhile, studying at university requires hard work and patience over a long-term period, so students need to spend a lot of time and money. To give an example, completing a higher education program in Vietnam typically takes four to six years, while completing a vocational course usually takes about three years.
In conclusion, countries should allocate more money for skills and vocational training for practical work because that brings more benefits for the growth of the economy and society.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15248  
Some individuals

Do not make it a habit to misrepresent the original statement in your paraphrasing. This time, the presentation referred to nations, and the representation used the word "individuals" to represent it. Those are 2 highly different reference points. Such deviations will result in task accuracy deductions.

and offer my own opinion

What is the actual basis of the opinion? State it clearly to offer a clear reference to your opinion and thesis statement. A complete score cannot be provided for that consideration otherwise.

Unfortunately, the essay will receive an automatic failing score because it is open ended. It lacks a reference to the reverse paraphrase that is expected in the final paragraph that recaps the previous topic and discussion points.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: Nations should spend more money on skills and vocational training for practical work
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: