Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

It is a natural process for animal species to become extinct (e.g. dinosaur, dodo...)

evelynsayhii 1 / -  
One school of thought holds that it is futile in attempting to shield the animal species from being extinct as this is an inherent aspect of nature. While acknowledging the rationale behind this thinking, I believe that preventing natural species from vanishing is foremostly essential and important.
Granted, one might argue that the extinction of animals is an inevitable part of nature. This assumption, they argue, has been proved throughout past events, or mass extinction that periodically reset the stage for new life forms to emerge and evolve. For example, a catastrophic event, triggered by a collision between our earth and an celestial asteroid, had reportedly wiped out nearly all the life forms on our globe back then, typically Dinosaurs, upon which new life forms started to appear. However, this perspective fails to factor in the fact that it is human intervention that has accelerated the disappearance of many species. Human activities, such as agriculture production, building housing or reclamation have significantlydeprived wild animals of their own habitats, further pushing them to the verge of extinction. Thus, it is of great importance that people should endeavor to prevent this prospect from happening as a way to compensate for their actions.

The argument in favor of the preservation of wildlife is further strengthened by the indispensable role of animal species in our life. Any species, no matter how big or small they are, all contribute to the balance of the ecosystem. If one species becomes extinct, it will disrupt the delicate balance of nature, further exerting negative bearings on many other living species in the world, including human beings. This can be exemplified in a basic food chain, wherein the disappearance of a particular prey would result in the food shortage for its predators, which would consecutively affect aspects of human lives, such as deficient food supply. Thereby, protecting the lives of any animal species is to sustain human existence and development.

In conclusion, while there are justifications for the idea of not taking measures to preserve the wildlife, I firmly of the opinion that humans should ultimately ramp up their efforts to prevent the extinction of animal species to make amends for their negative influence on nature and to preserve our existence.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15258  
You have actually spent too much time justifying the causes of extinction as caused by man when you should be focusing on proving your point, which is that man can prevent extinction because it is essential and important. There is no reason for you to look for reasons to justify the opposing discussion because that does not help prove your point. Remember that all Task 2 essays are single opinion essays unless otherwise specified. There was no indication that you needed to compare and contrast this discussion. Therefore, it is a single opinion presentation. Your comparison discussion will cause this essay to be deemed under developed mostly because of the lack of support for your statement, which should have 2 supporting reasons behind it. Whenever you oppose your own discussion, you will tend to receive a failing score because your opinion then fails to convince the reader that you actually support your own opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is a natural process for animal species to become extinct (e.g. dinosaur, dodo...)
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: