The news media has significant influence on the daily lives of human

roisepham 2 / 2  

SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT THE NEWS MEDIA NOWADAYS HAVE INFLUENCED PEOPLE'S LIVES IN NEGATIVE WAYS.

TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

It is undeniable that the news media has significant influence on the daily lives of human these days. While I accept that this seems a negative development, I personally believe that the benefits of the news media far outweighed its drawbacks.

On the one hand, the news media would have an adverse effect on society. Firstly, in order to attract a large number of readers and gain more profit, the gutter press is likely to sensationalise stories which could mislead the public's opinion and distort readers' perception of reality. For instance, statistics and information of Corona virus without censorship these days, which is spread instantly in the internet, would instill a sense of fear in society and cause mistaken treatment. In addition, famous people are also the victim of invading their privacy by the paparazzi who are determined to get a story at any cost. As a result, celebrities who suffer from invasion of privacy tend to get depressed or even commit suicide.

On the other hand, the influence of news media could create positive impact on general public. First of all, it would be news channels that keep people informed about what was going on in the world continuously. While reading broadsheets would get access to quality coverage of news and current affairs, being exposed to popular tabloids would widen human's mind about lively and colorful stories. What is more, the news media including good news could inspire followers with an optimistic life. For example, with people have been opposed to news of the disadvantaged in developing countries, it would instill a sense of satisfaction and respect of their life.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the news media has positive effect on people's lives and it should be supported to grow orientedly.
Remember that people are divided on the issue of "fake news" these days. So you cannot say that something is an undeniable influence. There will be people who will disagree with you or deny such a claim. Avoid exaggerations in your restatements. Just stick to the information provided so that you do not accidentally over-do your presentation. Additionally, you should review the original discussion instructions when you finish drafting your essay. Never assume that you properly discussed the presentation without double checking the original source. As you can see, in your presentation, you changed the discussion slant of the presentation, thus creating a totally different prompt discussion, which would have led to your failing this test because your response is not related to the given question.

Please take note of the following:

OT: SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT THE NEWS MEDIA NOWADAYS HAVE INFLUENCED PEOPLE'S LIVES IN NEGATIVE WAYS
YT: It is undeniable that the news media has significant influence on the daily lives of human these days.

- Where is the negative influence statement?

DI: TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?
R: While I accept that this seems a negative development, I personally believe that the benefits of the news media far outweighed its drawbacks.

- There is no given response to the question provided.

You changed the original prompt from beginning to end. You turned this into a benefit and drawback discussion when the actual discussion point is based on your agreement or disagreement with the discussion topic. These errors will lead to a failed TA score. Which means you may not get a passing score for this essay when the other GRA, C&C, or LR errors are deducted from the remaining scoring considerations. It does not look good for your final, overall score.

Home / Writing Feedback / The news media has significant influence on the daily lives of human