IELTS TASK 2 : NON ART-SKILLED STUDENTS LEARN HOW TO PAINT AND DRAW

dynaranjani 27 / 24 18  
It is pointless making children who lack artistic talent learn painting and drawing in Art classes at school. Instead, they should concentrate on other creative and practical subjects which they may have more aptitude.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Talent is one of the arguable topics. Some people believe that there is no point making less skilled student learn about some art subjects, such as painting and drawing at school. Instead, children should be encouraged to learn other subjects which they may have more aptitude. This essay agrees with this notion because learning art needs much more time and also can make students stress.

Teaching such students about painting and drawing requires much more time and patience. In comparison with academic subjects, artistic is a skill that not any students have. It is more likely to be a natural ability or a descendant from their grandparents. In the bbc.co.uk, Lachlan Goudie , an artist and broadcaster, often says that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to get to be good at painting or drawing. This proves that learning artistic subjects is a matter of time and it seems impossible to introduce these subjects in a school curriculum. Besides, school representative has to find a competent teacher who is able to teach students and deal with them.

Furthermore, involving students who do not have a related competency in art classes will influence their psychological state. They are forced to perform as same as their fellow friends in something that they are not good at. For this reason, they will find it as a burden and fell under pressure which obviously can make them stress. Kasandra Putranto, an Indonesian psychologist, explains that forcing children to do what older people think is better for them can cause some serious problems, such as rebellion and stress. The best way to prevent is by understanding their desires. Just because they are not good at art classes does not mean they do not have competencies in other subjects. It is suggested that parents and teachers should encourage children to do any creative or practical subjects which can be really useful in the future.

In conclusion, it is utterly unjustifiable that non art-skilled students are forced to get involved in art classes since it brings more harm. It is generally believed that learning art needs much more time and sometimes can make students feel depressed. In reverse, it seems better for them to be concentrated on other subjects they are good at.
sholihin84 6 / 9  
Teaching such students about painting and drawing requires much more time and patience.
1. It was confuse sentence.

it have been found grammar-errors like --> artistic is a skill that not any students have. It's adjective requiring the noun as modifier.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 : NON ART-SKILLED STUDENTS LEARN HOW TO PAINT AND DRAW