nothing wrong - Young people are less interested in studying than in earning money

ceberus /  
Young people these days are less interested in studying than in earning money - What is your opinion.

Between 350-600 words
'Young people these days are less interested in studying than in earning money.' This has been said by many people, and to a certain extent, is absolutely true. The bad thing is, people take this as bad, but this has always been the case since the invention of currency. People just see what's on the outside, and don't care to dig inside on these types of matters, thus making uneducated comments. You can't comment on a thing you haven't experienced yourself, or studied it thoroughly. So here's my account on why young people these days are interested in making money, than doing education.

The world is at an economical crisis, and it's going worse each day. What we bought for 2 bucks now costs 4. Even education costs are through the roof, after high school, and most of the people around the world can't afford to pay for their children to go to college, at least not fully. So the students themselves have to work while in college, to cover their tuition fees and living expenses. And once you get to earn money, you want more, how you get it doesn't matter when your temptation goes over your sense. So many students drop out of college, and do odd jobs to earn money. The thing they don't understand is that if they had finished their education, they could have made 5 times what they are earning now. But who's to blame?

Back in the days, colleges were affordable, and parents could have paid it all, and students only worked during summer times, just to earn some handy money, and even that was optional. Nowadays, most students work part time, unless you're filthy rich. But the students aren't to blame; it's the economy of the country or countries in question. Well now it's most of the world in the same situation. It's even harder on the international students, who are from less fortunate countries, seeking better education, and ultimately a better job than they could have in their homeland, being forced to work more than they get time to study. Eventually, they think why study, when I can make good money without education, that's in their standards, because of their home economy.

Now, thing's are even worse. Even if you have very good education, say graduated from MIT or Harvard, you're still not guaranteed a good job after it. Why, because of the cost cuts. Companies are struggling to pay off their employees; big companies like GM or Chrysler have gone into bankruptcy. Thing are looking really bleak in the future, even if you have the best education. What's the use, if you have very good qualification, but have to work at a bar or restaurant as a waiter. You can have that job if you can't even spell your name correctly.

My point is, it's not the young people's fault that they are tempted towards earning money before finishing education, or even putting it above studying. I can say this because I'm a student, and I know how tough it is on us these days. So next time, don't go hard on young folks who work their heart out, just to pay for their education, because your child might have to go through the same route someday. It's nothing wrong, if you can concentrate on your studies, while working, and it's really a proud thing, to pay for your own education.

Well what do you guys think?
"You can't comment on a thing you haven't experienced yourself, or studied it thoroughly."

"So here's my account on why young people these days are more interested in making money than in becoming educated ."

"The world is suffering through an economical crisis"

You seem to be arguing that young people are either forced by circumstances to work rather than study, or else see no economic incentive to study. But, the first instance doesn't show that students are more interested in earning money than in studying, only that they have to do the latter rather than the former. And the second instance is really just another way of reiterating the statement, rather than an argument in favor of it. You might want to look at the non-monetary value of an education, and on what is lost if students give up studying for earning, or study only in order to increase earning.

That said, you've clearly put some thought into this essay, and it shows, so you're on the right track.
wickyeden 1 / 2  
...it's going getting worse each day

And once you get to earn money...

Well now it's most of the world is in the same situation.

they think why study is needed when I can make good money without education...
Now, things are even worse.

Well, I like the approach you took to this. You said that you agree that earning money is more important, but that you disagree that it is something that is specific to "these days." I think you could say that directly, near the beginning of the essay.
OP ceberus /  
Thanx for the feedback guys!

Home / Writing Feedback / nothing wrong - Young people are less interested in studying than in earning money