Older generations consumed healthy food compared to what is consumed by people today.

j0937065063 2 / -  
[Topic: In the past people ate foods that were better for their health than people today.]

For recent century, diet of people has changed a lot from natural ingredients to partly artificial ingredients. Some people think that the food in the past is healthier while others may insist that artificial food may be better for people's health. For my opinion, I totally agree with the statement that food in the past was much healthier than it is in our present life due to the following reasons.

To start with, the ingredients of ancient people's food are mostly from their farmland that the whole process can be considered safe. For the process of ancient people's food, the quality from seeds or eggs to vegetables or meat can be wholly guaranteed since they are all processed by themselves. On the contrast, we will never know that whether the food we bought at supermarket has been contaminated or not. It is because that the processes of today's food are done by some big company. Some food can be harmful to our body due to some careless defect from manufacturing process. Therefore, people's food in the past is much healthier than it is in today's world.

Moreover, there are not too many technologies to produce harmful ingredients for artificial food in the past. To lower the capital cost, most of food manufacturing company tend to use technology to synthesis some ingredient to make food's flavor become stronger. However, most of these artificial ingredients are harmful to people's body since these materials are not come from natural process. Taking some beverages as example, the flavor of orange in orange soda may not come from orange juice but from some orange flavor powder.

Last but not the least, people do not tend to put too many salt or sugar in food in the past. Admittedly, sugar and salt are harmful to our health if we eat too much. In the past, salt and sugar are very expensive that they are not affordable for most of people during that time. Consequently, they will not add too much salt or sugar in their food. Thus, the food prepared by ancient people can be healthier than those prepared by today's people.

To sum, according to the points mentioned above, it is believed that foods of ancient people was much healthier than today's food.
First, I have two requests ; Post this type of essays into "Writing Feedback" forum. Then also give a meaningful topic in the subject field when you open a new thread. These little things help you earn good comments and feedbacks for your essay.

ForIn the recent centurypast , diet of people has changed a lot from natural ingredients to partly artificial ingredients.

.... Better you improve this sentence;
During the last century, the food that people consume has changed dramatically due to various socioeconomic reasons. In particular, the ingredients used for food preparation have largely shifted from natural to artificial.

ancient people's food

... food consumed by older generations

Home / Writing Feedback / Older generations consumed healthy food compared to what is consumed by people today.