[IELTS-Opinion Essay] Parents should spend more time with children helping them with their homework.

boreddao 1 / -  

helping children with their assignments from school

It is argued that mothers and fathers ought to be more supportive with their children's assignments at home. This essay agrees with this statement because parents are able to keep track with kids' study levels, and juveniles are encouraged to accomplish skills when being assisted with their tasks.

To begin with, it is easy for parents to profoundly understand their children's performance at school. When supporting a child to solve his exercise, his mother and father have the opportunity to get to know more about his weaknesses. As a result, parents can come up with the best solution as soon as possible to improve juveniles' performance in different subjects. For instance, a mother will be able to find out what her son is not excel at in mathematics, then reaching possible approaches to help him study better in that subject.

In addition, the help to complete assignments from parents motivates youngsters to develop their abilities. Particularly, a child himself has a plenty of hidden potential which needs adults to discover and exploit. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that mothers and fathers should encourage and assisting their kids to do the given tasks to improve their abilities. For example, it is logical thinking and deep concentration that juveniles could achieved during solving a science question.

In conclusion, I concur with the idea that parents should assist their offspring in doing homework since helping kids with their study makes it less difficult for parents to keep up with juveniles' learning level, as well as kids will be more motivated to unlock their potential.
The original prompt does not indicate an argument since there is only one opinion provided for you to agree or disagree with. Therefore, your interpretation is not accurate anymore. You have misled the reader and will lose points for having altered the original presentation. As for the opinion presentation, that is another set of deductions for you since you said "This essay" when you should have taken ownership of the presentation as your personal opinion was directly asked for. Use a first person reference next time. Otherwise, you will risk losing points in the preliminary scoring section.

his exercise

Use a clearer reference next time as the term exercise could refer to several other activities. The addition of the word "class" would have made that sentence much clearer and understandable to the reader.
tinnucbebe 3 / 4  
why "mothers and fathers"?
"parents" would save a lot of time and efforts.
"a plenty of potentials". "hidden" is unnecessary because potential itself means "hidden" and "uncovered".
luuyennhi 2 / 2 1  
I like your ideas ,however, I think you should use more compound sentences in order to enhance grammatical requirements, especially in IELTS WRTTING task 2

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS-Opinion Essay] Parents should spend more time with children helping them with their homework.