Task 1: Overseas visitors to three different areas in a European country between 1987 and 2007

Yn123 1 / -  

the number of tourists visiting the coast, mountains and lakes

The graph depicts the number of foreign visitors who pay a visit to the coast, the mountains and the lakes in a European country between 1987 and 2007.

Overall, it is obvious that the amount of visitors to the lakes and those to the coasts both saw an upward trend during 20-year period. Meanwhile, the number of the mountains' travellers showed the fluctuation in the same period.

From the line graph, we can see that the data of lakes' visitors increased considerably from 10 thousand people in 1987 to 75 thousands in the next 15 years, followed by the significant decline to around 50 thousands in 2007. Also worth noting that the number of those who visit the coast started at 40 thounsands in 1987 then decreased slightly by 5 thousands in 1992. Following this, there was a gradual rise in this category over the next 15 years before hitting the peak at 75 thousand visitors in 2007, which is similar to the figure for the lakes' visitors in 2002.

The figure for the number of visitors to the mountains revealed a different trend. Starting at 20 thousands in 1987, this figure then grew moderately to nearly 30 thousand people over the next 3 years. However, despite dropping to an equal amount as the first year during 5 years next, and then this figure experienced the substantial rise to around 33 thousands in 2000. Between 2002 and 2007, the number of mountains' visitors showed a marginally increase by 2 thousand people.

• 123
I would like to caution you against writing a 250 word task 1 essay. You cannot accomplish 250 words within 20 minutes. The advisable word count is 175-200 words only. Practice self timing during the practice tests and you will see that you will encounter problems with that length of writing in 20 minutes. Always keep track of the time when writing the task 1 essay because that is usually when the exam taker ends up miscalculating his essay writing time, leading to a failed task 2 essay presentation.

You have actually done a good job with the task. The problem is, you wrote too much. You need to keep this short and focused on the quickest possible way of presenting the information to the reader. You cannot over discuss at the risk of running out of task 2 essay writing time.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1: Overseas visitors to three different areas in a European country between 1987 and 2007