SAT; Should people act as individuals or copy others' ideas?

theblackpearl 1 / 1  
Is it better for a society when people act as individuals rather than copying the ideas and opinions of others?
Acting as individuals is what makes a society. If everyone was alike then the society would cease to function properly: everyone has a unique role he or she must fulfill. If the one with the brains went for sports and the one with the athletic physique and skills went for science the world would become topsy-turvy. We shouldn't copy others just for the sake of conformity, but stand out as individuals.

In my hometown, if anyone is asked what they want to be, the answer would be a doctor or an engineer. So as everybody else my aunt, who wasn't decided on a major, went with the crowd and entered the faculty of medicine. She spent five years of torture until she switched majors to commerce. Throughout the four years her scores were the highest. She even became very successful at her job. Evidently then we should not copy others but rather do it our own way and stand out as individuals.

Before the renaissance, people conformed to the church's opinions-including the geocentric theory- until Copernicus proposed a ground breaking opinion the heliocentric theory. Later on other scientists including Newton dug deep and presented even more solid proofs. Thanks to Copernicus's individualism we were blessed with the foundation of the many scientific discoveries that totally changed and advanced our lives to the better.

Without individualism, the society wouldn't progress. Some fields would be over excelled at leaving some people unemployed and other fields crumbling to stones. Furthermore, a uniform thinking would crush our minds and perspectives to narrow dimensions, hindering us from moving forward.
everyone has a unique role he or she must fulfillplay

If the one with the brains went for sports and the one with the athletic physique and skills went for science the world would become topsy-turvy

.... well, for me this idea sounds a bit stereo typed. This tends to divide people that brainy fellows are not good athletes and good athletes are lower in their intellectual capacity. That sounds a too much generalization. In fact there can be people who have both skills too... This is what I suggest;

People need to identify their real capabilities and pursue a field which is appropriate for them. For example, a person with brilliant mathematical skills but a poor physique, cannot naturally pursue a sports career. However, he would be very successful as an engineer and make his share of contribution to society in that field. Therefore if everyone just follow others without a reason, then the world would turn topsy-turvy.
OP theblackpearl 1 / 1  
I didn't mean it that way. Anyways thanks for your help :))
How about the body is it a good support??
can you give it a score from 1 to 6

I know.... that's why I wanted to draw your attention on it. Sometimes you get carried away with your writing and it may be presented differently to the reader.

can you give it a score from 1 to 6

You write well. I mean your English writing skills are really good... However, I get the feeling that you do not adequately align your writing with the topic theme at the beginning of your essay and it sounds as if you have narrowed it down to specific professions and career. But in the latter parts it's getting aligned better. I actually do not have any idea how they rate you for SAT tasks. All I could say is that you have good writing skills and have a good potential to go for a good score :D

Home / Writing Feedback / SAT; Should people act as individuals or copy others' ideas?