Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour.

RezaAnandatama17 8 / 14 3  
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Today's issue comes to culture differences. Virtually societies argue that travelers should perform their respect by taking local habit as their way to live in destination place. In contrast, some opponents of such idea claim that the mentioned issue does not stand in the much ground, aiming to allow visitor to act depending on themselves.

Diversity leads to enrich people horizon regarding culture, aiming to let people respecting each belief over the world. This because people have tendency to claim their culture as the true one, in order to avoid a conflict, people should be allowed to do an activity as their culture commanded. Eva Meizara Puspita Dewi, a well known psychologist, advices people to give a space for both of local and guest to serve their culture because it is noting to be worry much if people can entrust each others.

However, I strongly believe that the mentioned idea should be followed by a critical thinking which does not belong to almost traveler. In any case, culture preservation is the most pivotal reason why natives across the globe arrange a rule for guest to follow local culture. This because despite culture bringing a lot of identities for dwellers is valued for them, such belief of life has tendency to be broken easily as well due to assimilation. According to CNN, more than 2700 tribes each year have left behind their belief, annul ceremony or local language because of getting influences from travelers. This symbolizes failed maintenance by all of stockholder among societies. As result of this, local people or authority should take such problem into account by legalizing a tight rule to arrange visitors.

In conclusion, even though mutual society can broaden local folks' horizon, it is really hard to be promised that such activity will not disturb local culture as well. Offering to the visitors a law that they cannot step in culture sites if they do not act similar with other natives is the smart decision to preserve the culture.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour.