Why More People Than Ever Are Donating Their Bodies to Science

Hary01 12 / 13 2  
Hello.. this is my summary assignment, please give me some feed backs. Thanks a lot.

Recently, donating the body after death to science necessities become a new trend. A number of medical schools around the country have seen this trend. The University of Minnesota for example, it received more than 550 cadavers last year, up from 170 in 2002. The University of Buffalo got almost 600 last year. Others that reported increases include Duke University, the University of Arizona and state agencies in Maryland and Virginia.

There are some reasons for the trend seems to be twofold. The paradigm of allowing a love one corpse to be carved up is not a taboo again. However, not too long ago, it was taboo. The other reason is the increasing cost of a traditional burial now day. As of 2014, a traditional burial cost around $7,200, an increase of 29 percent from a decade earlier.

Many schools use cadavers for medical research. Cadaver is a corpse that used for educational necessity. When they are done, they cremate the body or return the cremains to the family at no cost. Understanding the human anatomy and practicing surgical techniques using a real human cadaver is infinitely more useful to medical students than plastic, rubber or virtual alternative others.

time.com/4456189/more-people-donating-bodies-to-science/?xid=homepag
dinafayna04 5 / 7 1  
Hi Hary01 !

Below are thought on your essay :

- Recently, donating the body after the death asto science necessities become a new trend.
- A number(the number of what? you have to explain it clearly) of medical schools around ...
- The University of Minnesota for example... it should be "The University of Minnesota is an example"

- In addition, the University of Buffalo got almost got 600 cadavers last year.

- However, not too long ago , it was taboo ( you have to replace it *the red words* with another sentences)
- Many schools are use cadavers for medical research.
- ... useful to medical students than using plastic, rubber or virtual alternative others.

I'm just a student same like you, I'm trying to think critically on your essay. Hope it will be helpful to you. Keep writing! :)

Regards,
Dina
hirani03 36 / 50 5  
Hello Hary01.
Here are some corrections for your summary. Feel free to discuss. :)

Paragraph 1,
The University of Minnesota, for example, it received more than 550 ...
The University of Buffalo got almost 600in last year.

There are some reasons for the trend seemsseem to be twofold.
The otheranother reason is the increasing cost of a traditional burial now daynowadays .

... useful to medical students than plastic, rubber or virtual alternative others.other virtual alternative.
Riandi31 2 / 9  
hai hary
this some suggestions from me :

Recently, donating the body after deathdeath body to science necessities ...

However, not too long ago, it was taboo.

When they are done, theyit cremate the body or ...
maybe you must add variety vocabulary
just like
example change into instance
increase change into expand, escalate, extend

good job bro

Home / Writing Feedback / Why More People Than Ever Are Donating Their Bodies to Science