Some people enjoy working alone. Others would rather work in a group. What is your preference?

tyratw4 1 / -  
Choosing to work alone or in a group is always a difficult question for many people. Many people prefer to work with other people; others do not. In my perspective, I prefer the former, and there are some reasons to support my opinion.

First, working with others helps us meet deadlines easily. You can split the big tasks into small tasks and then assign them to all members. Consequently, the time for finishing the task will be reduced, and you will be able to meet deadlines. Let me tell you my story. In high school, when the teacher gave me too much homework, I and my friends always did it together. Therefore, we never missed the deadlines.

Second, it improves the productivity of the work. I believe that many heads are better than one head. Each of us has knowledge and experience in some fields, but we can't be experts in all things. Working in a group allows people to share their opinions and consider the advantages and disadvantages of these opinions. Then we will choose the opinion that is most suitable, and thanks to it, we can improve productivity. For example, all companies always have many departments, which allows employees to work together, share opinions, and work more efficiently.

Last, an important advantage of working in a group is improving practical skills. You can learn how to communicate and debate with other people while you are in a group. You will also be exposed to many types of people and become more flexible. My sister is an example. Before, she was an introvert, and it was difficult for her to communicate with others. But after joining her company and working in a group more and more, she became more confident to talk and debate with her colleagues.

To sum up, I prefer working in a group to working alone because it brings me many benefits. However, I think that working alone is also a good way to work that people should try.
This is only a 4 paragraph essay. You need not state 3 reasons as that may prevent you from properly developing the essay during the actual test. It is always best to keep your reasons down to 2 quick discussions in this case. The 40 minute deadline requires you to also review and revise the essay into its final form. I do not see a final form of the essay in this case. You spent too much time talking about the reasons, which prevented you from perfecting the presentation and format. While you do have valid reasons, it is important to remember that you only need to do a simple justification, this is not a debate.
You have the idea for the essay. However, your direction in this essay only focuses on the reasons rather than expressing your preference for working alone versus working in a group. For example, your second paragraph could be combined with the rest of the paragraphs discussing why you prefer working in a group. The last paragraph seems redundant, as you have already stated your preference; therefore, mentioning the opposing view may not be necessary. Additionally, while you have made decent points, the formality of the essay could be improved.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people enjoy working alone. Others would rather work in a group. What is your preference?