People often do not interact with neighbors and this is harming communities. Causes and solutions?

hellovenus999 1 / -  

Lack Of Community In Today's Society

It is true that these days human beings lack a sense of community within neighborhoods, and this fuels a toxic society with isolation and indifferent attitude. This essay will suggest the principal causes of this issue along with some possible solutions.

There are two major compelling reasons as to why people are not spending time on communicating with neighbors. The foremost cause of this trend is due to the fact that people have to devote their life to keep up with the high demand of the modern world. For example, a career like doctor would work a night shift in a hospital in order to take care of numerous patients. As a result, they have no time to socialize with neighbors. Moreover, the problem is accentuated by the design of most modern construction nowadays. It is noticeable that people have a tendency to move to city blocks full of apartment buildings whose design encourages people to retreat into privacy in their homes rather than immersing in publicity. Consequently, it leads to a lifestyle of independence and loneliness.

There are several measures that could be taken to eradicate the problem resulted from lack of communication among neighbors. A possible solution would be to organize a number of social activities such as civic meetings, music shows, book fairs. Hence, more opportunities would be created for residents to meet up and integrate themselves into the community. Another remedy to tackle this problem involves changing the traditional design of buildings into an interactive way. For example, there are buildings with windows and sharing rooms designed for promoting next-door communication. As residents have places to interact, access outdoor spaces, it is likely that they could foster a strong connection with their neighbors around.

In conclusion, there are various factors responsible for the absence of interaction among neighbors, but there are possible solutions to resolve this problem, namely enhancing neighborhood activities and constructing interactive apartments.
dorkystudent 1 / 1  
1. For example, a career like doctor medicine would / For example, a doctor would

2. and this fuels ... and an indifferent attitude.

3. ... not spending time on communicating ...

4. ... to devote their lives to keep up ...

5. ... resulted from a lack of communication ...

6. ... of buildings in an interactive way.

I do admire your formatting! Great job!!
Your prompt restatement has to be a reflection of the original presentation. Your statement did not actually do that. You failed to actually represent the topic as it was provided to you at the start. Compare the two:

OT: People often do not interact with their neighbours and this is harming communities.
YT: It is true that these days human beings lack a sense of community within neighborhoods, and this fuels a toxic society with isolation and indifferent attitude.

The correct restatement is:

There is a perception these days that humans fail to connect with their neighbors. This is often caused by (reason 1) and (reason 2). There is a possibility that such lack of mingling can be resolved by (solution 1) and (solution 2).

Kindly remember that these essays shall never ask you confirm the truth of a given statement. Therefore, you must not attest to the truth of a topic. You will be changing the discussion topic when you do that and, you will be scored down because of it. You must also indicate your direct response to each question provided as these will help prove that you understood the questions and how you are expected to answer them. The correct response to the discussion instructions can possibly increase your TA score.

You are not being asked to present a conclusion regarding the causes, so you do not need to say that independence and loneliness are the result of the lack of interaction. Once again, you are offering information not required, changing the discussion points and thus, losing more percentage points in your final score. Just stick to the given discussion. Do not add any discussion topics just because you think you will improve the essay, that is when you will lose more points. Never assume anything not presented in the original discussion.

The conclusion is just one long run on sentence. Split it up into at least 3 summary sentences to meet the concluding summary requirements.

Home / Writing Feedback / People often do not interact with neighbors and this is harming communities. Causes and solutions?