Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

People learn another language because of their linguistic passion, career, journey, migration, etc.

khue 1 / -  
title: Some people say that the only reason for learning a foregin language is in order to travel to or work in foregin country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foregin language. discuss both these view and give your own opinion.

what is the purpose of learning foreign languages?

Nowaday, a trend of learning a second languague is gaining popularity considerably. Many people agree that their main purposes for that are job and trips in foregin countries, but others can find more different aims. From my perspective, each of people will have a individual goals for studying another language.

On the one hand, most people hold view that they only need a foreign language when they work or travel to another country. Ordinarily, language is a sole tool for human to communicate and understand each other. A person can not work if they do not know exactly what your boss or colleagues are saying; similarly, a person also will not have a pleasant trip if they con not communicate with any people. For a long time, they may suffer from a shock or stress; because they do not want live under that, they must learn a foreign language in a different country.

On the other hand, others disagree that it just exists two aims for learning language. They believe that the second language can bring more gold advantages for work and personal life without living in foreign country. For instance, their special subjects require more knowledge written by another language, they want to definitely expand relationship with international friends, or simply, they want to be able to sing or understand a foreign songs and novels smoothly.

I believe that learning a foreign language have never been wasted, because language is a fundamental measure that could be implemented to tackle problem of barriers of culture and horizons. Thus people can want to learn the another language because of their linguistic passion, career, journey, migration, etc. Individuals' purpose are effective and corresponded with the goals of their life.

In conclusion, while many people only pay attention on foreign language when they work or travel to another country, others have more motivation to do it. I agree with all of purposes because they are obviously praiseworthly.

Home / Writing Feedback / People learn another language because of their linguistic passion, career, journey, migration, etc.