Some people think that employers should not care about the way their employees dress

yennhut 1 / 1  

The work quality vs the dress code

some people think that employers should not care about the way their employees dress, because what matters is the quality of their work. to what extent do you agree or disagree

It is undeniable that in morden workplace, the quality of work is seen as the most important factor in order to judge a good worker rather than what they dress. However, i personally contend that dress codes still play a vital role in certain professions.

On the one hand, there are several reasons why the quality of work is irrelevant to the way people choose to dress in many work contexts. Nowadays, many developed companies allow their employees dress casually when working because they want to create a relaxed office environment where their employees feel comfortable and free. Thanks to this, employees working in these companies would produce work of outstanding quality which employers are expecting from them. As a result, wearing casually help employees not only work effectively but also raise their work productivity

On the other hand, it is understandable that dress codes still exist for some good reasons in certain professions. Dress codes is a means of identifying the person's position and their role in society. To be specific, some certain jobs such as teachers , polices, layers and airline pilots require employees to wear uniform. For example, a politician always wear formal clothing to become powerful and severe and show their necessary role in society when standing in front of inhabitants. It is no doubt that people prefer to see these professionals in smart and formal attire instead of casual clothing.

In conclusion, while the quality of work is more important than the way the employees dress, i believe that dress codes has an influence on some professions.
SukhErdene 2 / 2 1  
Dear @yennhut,
I thing that generally your essay well written. But I have a few comments.

that in modern workplace
important factor in order to judge

... employees to dress casually ...

Dress codes is are a means of identifying the a person's position
altgrbo16 1 / 2  
Dear @yennhut
i have found some details that need to fix
what matters is are
companies allows
vuthuylinh2611 19 / 61 1  
@yennhut
Please be reminded that this is an agree or disagree essay, not a both views one. In your introduction, you stated that you advocate dress code while your body paragraphs do not support that idea. I recommend that you take only one side and develop your supporting idea base on that.
Why are you offering a personal opinion without a measure of dis/agreement throughout an extent essay? This type of question requires you to pick one side of the discussion to respond to and discuss within 2 reasoning paragraphs, for a total of 4 essay paragraphs. There needs to an emotional response in the prompt paraphrase / introduction that will allow the reviewer to understand the degree of defense that you can give for this topic. Based on your opinion explanation in response to the question, it appears that you could have first indicated "I have a strong support for the discussion that..." in response to the question.

Now, since this essay asks you to pick one side, you must not do a comparative discussion in it. The only 2 paragraphs you write must offer 2 reasons for supporting your stance. This is not an essay that asked you to compare the two public opinions before offering your point of view. Therefore, you will lose TA points for the improper formatting of your response. The rest of the essay will be scored on the remaining brackets accordingly.

Try not to use terms that could mislead the reader. When you say "There are several reasons", and you discuss only one reason in the paragraph, that creates confusion for the reader and will affect the C&C score. It is best to use such terms within your response to the prompt statement. That way your reasons will be presented in separate paragraphs, which will then offer "several reasons" for the reader to better understand.
OP yennhut 1 / 1  
thanks for helping me.
ndhnif 5 / 8 3  
@yennhut
Dear Author,

Based on the knowledge that I know, I suggest that you compose the introduction part by paraphrasing the question, and extend it the question based on your opinion. Then you can also add your thesis statement.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that employers should not care about the way their employees dress