Pets should be treated as family members or not? 'pets are also live creatures'

thaonguyen1901 10 / 29 3  
Prompt: Pets should be treated as family members. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons to support your opinion.

Pets are animals raised at home like: cats, dogs, horses, birds,... Some people think that they are just properties of their owners and people can do whatever they want with them. However, I suppose animals also have emotions and feelings. They should be treated as our family members.

First of all, owning a pet is one way to educate children how to behave. It is easy to see that most children would be very happy to have a small friend who they can share all their fun, their sad or even secrets without worrying because this small friend can not tell with others. Feeding pets punctually, making a small house for pets, sewing clothes for pets in cold days helps children know ways to take care for others. Besides, children also love to play with animals like catching with dogs in the parks, teaching them to take stuff for people or to stand up-sit down. Talking with pets, listening to them urges children to become more concerning and responsible.

Secondly, pets have right to be treated as members of families. They help us very much and make life more meaningful. In a survey, it was proved that dogs are born to be people's friends. They may understand our words, our behaviors quickly. Many dogs are trained to help the policeman find out forbidden goods or bad guys. But finally when they are old or injured, some people don't feed them anymore but left them to cold and death. The world will be better if people give them justice to be loved and concerned. People can choose to leave their pets but pets never leave people.

Last but not least, treating animals ruthlessly may cause some bad results. Some abandon cats or dogs become dull and scared of people. Some are in danger of being killed to take meat for benefit. The others are fierce and may bite any people they meet or rob food in streets. People have orphanages for unlucky children, so animals should also have an emergence house to wait for their wistful owners.

To sum up, pets are also live creatures. They make our life comfortable and happy. Thus they deserve to have respect from us and to be treated fairly.
Siddharthvora01 3 / 3  
Your comparison is totally a vague .
look out for other example or valid comparison.!
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
I think you have done a fair job with your essay. The ways you could improve this paper is to be more clear with your reasons for the argument. Your paper is based on the fact that animals are to be treated as if they are family. Reason why: animals have emotions and feelings, and when they are treated as a pet, they are happiest. The relationship between pet and owner/family is interdependent. The pet needs the owner and the owner needs the pet. Try to state reasons for these things one by one, they don't need lots of explaining, just be straightforward. An animal that is not treated like family is not a very good pet, and the family should not keep a pet if they won't give it the best care possible. Explain ideal ways that a true family could care for their pet. Good luck :) Comment if you need anymore help.
amitt - / 80  
One best example is now a days while walking trained dogs guide elderly & blind people. I agree with jennyflower that thaonguyen1901 has tried to add very constructive ideas which is difficult to sum up in few minutes
OP thaonguyen1901 10 / 29 3  
Thank you guys, especially Jennifer for your precise responses. Although I was overtime for this writing ( 40 mins ) , I concede that I had many errors and confused ideas here. I'm rewriting it and will post it immediately.

Home / Writing Feedback / Pets should be treated as family members or not? 'pets are also live creatures'