Pie chart - water used for different purposes in six wide territories all over the world.

diepduong 1 / -  
Writing Task 1 - CAM 11 - Pie chart - Percentage of water used for different purposes

The pie chart illustrates the water consumption rate in categories of purpose by people in six wide territories all over the world. Overall, there is a significant difference between developed and developing regions in three main groups of using aim. The biggest portion of each kind is consumed in industry and agriculture respectively.

Given that, the water supplying in order to mobilize the industry in both North America and Europe dominates the rest, which obtains 48% and 53% all over the consumption proportionately. These two areas approximately halve their portions, one for industrial use, the other includes the sum of water utilized in agriculture and domestic use, considerably decreasing in quantity.

Opposing to the scenario in developed nations, agriculture virtually consumes almost the water in the developing countries. According to the descending order, people in Central Asia spend the biggest amount, standing at 88%, which is followed by Africa and South East Asia, hovering at 84% and 81% and lastly ended by the 71 percent-rate of South America. Turning to the domestic use, the percentage of this liquid just fluctuates around 8%, excepting 19% in South America region. The industry in these underprivileged countries absolutely contradicts those developed in favor of using water, which varies from 5% to 12%.

In general, privileged territories tend to prioritize water operation in industry much more than other developing areas, which have water consuming pattern in common.

• Chart
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Diep, welcome to EssayForum! :) This is the place where you can improve your writing skills if you continue posting or giving valuable feedback towards other members' essays. At first, seems like every new member is always confused on how to make an appropriate post, which ease us (members, contributors, and moderators) to convey constructive feedback. So I am going to give some valuable tips for that, as follows:

1. Make sure that you have separated each paragraph by 1 space in order to make us easy to comprehend your writing.
2. If it is about writing TASK 1, either IELTS or TOEFL, it usually needs a picture, please upload that also. (You have done this one, which is good)

3. Do not forget to write a proper title, if it is IELTS just write it 'IELTS Task 1: water used for....'

If for example, you failed to do so, there is a consequence, either your post will be deleted or you will get a reminder like this one.

With regard to your essay, I suggest you to write only 1 overview. It is not necessary to write 2 overview. Just pick one of the most appropriate that you consider it covers the general trend of the charts given.

Overall, there is a significant difference... (1st overview)
In general, privileged territories tend to prioritize... (2nd overview)

Choose one of them. Good luck for the next practice Diep :)
ainirere /  
The pie chart illustrates the water consumption rate in categories of purpose by people in six wide territories all over the world.
tria25 12 / 19 4  
hi diep, welcome to essayforum

let me give you some suggestion. maybe you have to understand well about the essay pattern first. practicing day by daycan improve your understanding with it. try to learn how to make a good overview and what conjunction used to connect sentence or paragraph.

it is a good starting for you actually.

keep writing!
thanks
Mimi07 9 / 15 2  
Hi writer, please allow me to give some suggestions. In my opinion, it will good you don't mention many number in your task, just mention the interesting number. Then, you can replace the number with it, such as:

81% = over four-fifths
48%= under half of
5%= one in twenty

Keep writing :)
akmalnov 3 / 6  
It is also nice to have fraction instead of % symbol ;)

Home / Writing Feedback / Pie chart - water used for different purposes in six wide territories all over the world.