IELTS Task 1 - The pie charts below give information about world population ....

Enid 2 / 5 1  
The pie charts below give information about world population in 1900 and 2000.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The two pie charts summarise the data on population distribution in the world in 1900 and 2000.

In 1900, the total population was 1.6 billion and 60% of this population lived in Asia.Europe including the Russia was the home for 25% of people in the world.North America ,Latin America and Africa all had a very smaal percentage of people ( 5%, 3% and 4% respectively).Only 3% of people lived in other areas of the world.

The world population increased upto 6 billion by year 2000, and there were striking differences to the worldwide distribution.Although Asia ,having 54% , was still the region with highest percntage of people, it was dropped by 4%.The percentage of people living in Europe ( 14% ) also decreased significantly by 9%. By contrast, the percentages for Africa increased, more than double, from 4% to 10 % and for Latin America this was nearly trippled ( from 3% to 8%).In addition there was a new region, Middle East and North Africa, with 6% of the population. However North America's percentage remained unchange.

Overall, during the period of study, there was a significant increase in the number of people living in the planet.Although Asia and Europe were still the residence for a large proportion of people, the population growth has occured mainly in other regions.

Please help!!
Thank You.

( Itried to attch the chart but couldn't.Please tell me how to do it.)
me4mbd 5 / 11 5  
Europe including the Russia was the home for 25% of people in the world.North America ,Latin America and Africa all had a very smaal percentage of people ( 5%, 3% and 4% respectively).

It is clearly seen that in 1900, the total population was 1.6 billion and while, 60% of this population lived in Asia. In addition, Europe including the Russia was the home for 25% of people in the world whereas, only minimal percentages of population belong to North America ,Latin America and Africa.

--------- I think this would be better than previous one.
Overall, during the period of study, there was a significant increase in the number of people living in the planet.Although Asia and Europe were still the residence for a large proportion of people, the population growth has occured occurred mainly in other regions.

... this line is too long and therefore less interesting. Make it shorter!

Good job :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 - The pie charts below give information about world population ....