A place with Big Ideas to Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Hujjatul19 45 / 70 3  
The most noticeable thing in Costa Rica is that they do not have army. In 1994, due to a civil war, a massive number of their societies were died and therefore people decided to abolish military. Hence, all the expenditures for military were turned to social expenses - free education and nursing - and it was what the citizens need more rather than army. Then it was what they called as stability.

Ms Araya, a costa rican, presented what her country had done regarding fossil fuels issue. Costa rica had utilized renewable energy to generate their electricity since couple of years ago. There were 299 days that this country did not use fossil fuels. She believed that seven out of ten of energy consumption was spent on vehicles.

She stated that we, world's occupants, can let fossil fuels go of as army's case in Costa Rica. "Let go fossil fuels for good" she said. Her statement then was strongly supported by the impact of climate change which do harm people. Then the question is, why do other country keep importing oil if the existence of other sources such as water from river, heat from volcanoes, solar and wind that surely can generate electricity? Later, it had been predicted that by 2020 there will be clean transportation like electric bus or car which reduces pollution and saves money. In the end of her speech, Ms. Araya suggested people to engage citizens starting to make a change in order to create country that we want. Thus, let's make the small developing country, Costa Rica, as the real model to not rely on fossil fuels anymore.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Mujaddidah,

- The most noticeable thingmatter/issue("thing" is quite informal) in Costa Rica is that they...
- ... a massive number of their societiespeople were diedkilled , and...
- ... for military were turnedallocated to social expenses ...
- Then, itthat was what they ...

Ms Araya, a Costa-Ric-an , presented what her country had done regardingtowards fossil fuels issue.
- Costa Rica had utilized (...) electricity since couple of years ago. (couple of years = 299 days? is it? CMIIW)
- There were 299 days that this country did not ...This country did not use fossil fuels for about 299 days.
- She believed that from seven out of ten of energy...

As you can see, you need to pay attention towards grammatical range and accuracy to help you compose a better essay later on. Good luck for that :)

Home / Writing Feedback / A place with Big Ideas to Get Rid of Fossil Fuels