Population Growth in New Zealand over the years

synnee123 1 / -  

The line graph analysis

The given line graph provides the information about the growth of population in four different age in New Zealand over the period of 100 years starting from 1950.

Overall, It is obvious that while the percentage of people from 25 to 37 years old, from 38 to 45 years old and under 65 years old are predicted to decrease in 2050, this figure for the age 0-14 years old are predicted to increase significantly in the year 2050.

Starting at 1950, the rate of elderly in New Zealand accounted for 60%, 3 times as much as that in the people from 25 to 37 years old. Over the next 40 years, while the proportion of people between 25 and 37 was decreased dramatically to 10%, this figure for people over 65 years old witnessed a dramatic climb of 10%. This trend is predicted to fall in the future in general and in the year 2050 in particular. Specificially, the percentage of elderly and people from 25 to 37 years old will drop to around 55% and 1%, respectively.

At around 25%, the proportion of people from 38 to 45 years old in New Zealand was 5 times as much as that of people between 0 and 14 years old in 1950. Five years later saw a sharp rise to 49% approximately in the figure for people from 38 to 45 years old. By contrast, this figure for the children seems like remained stable at the same time. In 2050, the percentage of people from 38 to 45 years old and the age 0-14 are predicted to increase to 40% and 20%, respectively.

Your first sentence fails to clearly offer a summary overview. a clear summary overview is delivered over 5 sentences at the most, 3 in the least. That is because individual topic sentences allow you to clearly prove your ability to express yourself in simple and complex sentences. Your clarity of thought, in terms of delivering quick understanding of image information points in the first paragraph selves as an important C+C boost. sAn example of an unclear thought presentation in this paragraph is the reference to 100 years that started in a50. When does it end ? Based on the graph, it ends in 2050. When you state a stailing year, include the end year. this isa summary presentation. don't make the reader do the math. That is your job as the reporter.

was decreased

Redundant past time reference. Remove "was" since decreased already represents the past action reference. This is a GRA error.

You are overcomplicating your presentation by over stating the facts. While writing long passages somewhat helpin a task 2 presentation, it creates a confusing and grammar error riddled task 1 presentation. These are the main score reducing problems in your current task presentation. Practice writing using quick information presentations. Pick your analysis and comparison paragraph topics in the draft. Use highlights and keep the information short. Anything between 175-190 words will limit your writing errors, keep the presentation clear, and allow you to maximize positive scoring opportunities.

Home / Writing Feedback / Population Growth in New Zealand over the years