TOEFL PRACTICE - I prefer to live in big city - more convenient and appropriate

llxcodegeass 1 / -  
TOPIC: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Compared with the people who live in cities those who live in small villages or farms are more satisfied with their lives.

Personally speaking, I grow up in big city and I enjoy city life so much that I believe it is really convenient and appropriate to live in big city. Coming to the topic that compared with the people who lives in cities those who live in small villages or farms are more satisfied with their lives, I do not agree with this and I will give specific analysis from different perspectives as follow.

At the beginning, I want to point out the fact that living in big city means that one can enjoy the public transportation there, However if one lives in small villages or farms, he had to drive all by himself. It is common phenomenon that big cities have fantastic transportation that people can take subway or public bus to work every day. What's more, there are usually airport near big cities, and it is really convenient for people to travel or go for business. I think it will save us a lot of time through living in cities. As we all know, people are really busy these days with their studies, their work, etc. Compared to the students whose universities are located in small villages and small towns, most of my university classmates really appreciate that our university is located in the capital city of our country. They think the location is really a great source for them since it help them to be more efficient.

In addition, living in cities means that there are more facilities that we can enjoy. As we all know, big cities have more movie theaters, better hospital, more garden, etc. And all these are the things people cannot enjoy in small towns in my home country since the GINI index in my home country is nearly 0.6, which indicates that there is a huge gap between cities and small towns. In this circumstance, living in small village and towns is not a good choice or even disasters, especially for the youth. In China, the fact is that people who live in small villages and towns spare no effort to let their children to enter into big cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc. They want their children to live satisfied lives in big cities.

Last but not the least, I believe that people especially the youth will be satisfied with living in big cities rather than small villages since living in big cities means they will get more opportunities and have more platforms. Although the competition in big cities is usually harsher compared to the one in small countries. However, according to World's Academy of Social Science, scientists assert that the average salary of cities in Asian is nearly 4 times more than the average salary of countries. And this is also a main reason for why living in cities is more satisfied.

All in all, judging from what has been discussed, I will spare no effort to draw my conclusion that living in cities is more satisfied compared to living in small villages since there are better facilities, people's lives will become more efficient in big cities, and it offers more opportunities for youth.
Personally speaking, I grow up in big city and I enjoy city life so much that I believe it is really convenient and appropriate to live in big city.

You should not narrow down the scope of the prompt.
Follow this structure;

Yes, I too notice that you try to narrow down the scope of this general topic to your own personal views. That is not the correct way. Introduce the topic in its general version, however, you can have your personal experiences as examples for the reasons you forward to justify your position in the argument.

Try this structure for your overall essay (I am quoting what dumi recommends to others).

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL PRACTICE - I prefer to live in big city - more convenient and appropriate