TOEFL: I prefer to learn by a teacher - can learn the subject a lot deeper

MoonMoon 7 / 14  
Would you please help me on my essay? It will be quite helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Do you prefer to learn by a teacher or on your own?

Some people prefer to learn everything on their own. From my vantage point, however, it is better to receive the benefits of learning with a teacher. It is much faster to learn with a teacher, and you can learn the subject in details and much deeper. That is why I prefer to learn any subject with a supervisor.

The main reason for my propensity of learning with a teacher is that he plays role of a leader for me. Teacher provides me the opportunity to go exactly to the point. He can distinguish the major and minor points for me so that I can figure out what is more significant to learn. Hence, with an emphasis on the main points I can learn in a far less time. He can also help me stay on the right track and not to go wrong. Furthermore, a good teacher can direct me to find the way in which I can learn best. Some people learn better through discussing a topic. Others may learn better by illustrations and examples. A good teacher will help me find the way which fits me best since he is the one who knows the ropes of teaching.

Secondly, I can learn much deeper about the topic with a teacher. A good teacher has a great knowledge. He brings his knowledge to me. He can provide me more information about the topic. In addition, there may be opposing views on the topic which is not covered through a text. A teacher informs me of different views of the topic. This way, I can learn the subject in details and a lot deeper.

To sum up, in spite of the undeniable fact that there may be a couple of advantages to learning alone, if all the mentioned factors are contemplated, we can easily see that the advantages of learning with a teacher carry more weight than those of learning on your own. Consequently, we may safely reach the conclusion that learning with a teacher is the premier choice.
meili luo 4 / 5  

Teacher is too often used.
OP MoonMoon 7 / 14  
Hi Van,
Thank you very much for your revise.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: I prefer to learn by a teacher - can learn the subject a lot deeper