IELTS Task 2 Writing: Printing newspaper and magazines will cease to occur in the near future

coke 14 / 28 13  
Newspaper Topic

Some people believe in the era of e-technology, printing newspaper and magazines will cease to occur in the near future. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is a common belief that conventional newspaper and magazines will disappear in the next few years as e-technology advances. In my opinion, I completely agree with this notion for the following reasons.

Firstly, paper-based newspaper and magazines are becoming inconvenient for people in this day and age. With the explosion of the Internet, global citizens now have the access to enormous sources of up-to-date information anywhere at any time, which allows people to fetch the latest news across the world without the hassle of going out to a local store. Undoubtedly, people will enjoy reading on their computers at home or office. Eventually, more and more people will stop purchasing the traditional newspaper, which is the first reason for the death of this type of media.

Secondly, old-school magazines cost money. While having to pay a couple of dollars for paper-based magazines every day in order to read the news, readers can read unrestrictedly free of charge with the help of new technology. As can be clearly seen, the online newspaper is definitely dominating the old style in terms of expense. As a result, e-magazines and newspaper will become the first choice of customers and printing companies will have to close their business to cut losses.

Thirdly, printed newspaper and magazines are not fit to store information in a long period. Indeed, these materials cannot be preserved because, after several years, the print will be faded and unable to read. On the contrary, new technology offers an unlimited database to store information which lasts perpetually. Added up to the first and second setbacks, this huge disadvantage of the conventional newspaper is a guarantee that such an obsolete type of media will no longer be found in the future.

In conclusion, I assert that, as e-technology keeps growing radically, the printing of newspaper and magazines will be ceased in the upcoming years.

I badly need to score a band 7 in GT writing. Please help me improve this one to a band 7 essay. Deeply appreciate your corrections.
Hammy 13 / 35  
i see that everything you gave is easily understandable with showing your various vocabulary
however, i'm afraid of decreasing your score just because the essay reached 312 words compared with 250 words at least ( i mean it's too long)

in fact, you''ll have enough time to write more than 300 words in 40 minutes
i suggest that you should focus on 2 main points and try to analysing the best as you can
OP coke 14 / 28 13  
Thank you for your advice. I'll try to make my essay shorter in my next works and in the real test. I actually wrote this one in 45 minutes including proofreading time which was totally exceeded.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 Writing: Printing newspaper and magazines will cease to occur in the near future