Why we are producing more and more rubbish? Most of the waste are the plastic bags.

Tanmayzz 1 / 2  
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish. Why do you think this is happening? What can government do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?

Give reason for your answer

Waste production on rise

There is no doubt that today every individual is generating lot of waste material. This is a huge concern for the society. There are many things because of that this is happening. I will explain the problem in detail in subsequent paragraph and also suggest few solutions which the government should implement to reduce the problem.

Plastic bags are the most common material which is used by every individual and once it is used they throw it in the garbage. This is because more than 50 percent of the waste are the plastic bags. For example, recently one of the news agencies in USA wrote an article on waste management and observed that amount of plastic waste generated in a month is 100 kilos. Furthermore, people who collect the garbages from individuals home, they burn the plastic bags as a consequence of this poisonous gases pollute the environment. The Government should introduce the strict policies to ban the plastic bags and if it is found that, any individual or retail outlets using it, should be fine.

Food is also the excessive part of rubbish these days. The reason for this is people instead of utilizing overnight remaining food they throw it into the dustbin. For instance, my neighbour daily cooks food in excess and every morning, I see them throwing food into the waste. This issue could be resolve if people either cook only required food or they feed the excessive remaining food to the beggars or to the pet who can eat. The government can also introduce the scheme which will control the wastage of food. As a result of this there will be less garbage produced.

In conclusion, there is a clear evidence that we are giving rise to lot of waste material and the problem is surmountable if few steps are followed strictly and the government should also introduce policies which will help in reduce the waste generating.
sknechte - / 2 1  
I'm not the best at English, but I corrected everything I could. I may have missed a few things.

"... every individual is generating lot of waste material"
Up to you, but I would change the wording in this opening sentence to something like, "There is no doubt that today the waste material humanity is generating cannot be eternally contained

Subsequent paragraphs

... common material which is used by ...

Once they are used, they are often thrown in the garbage which adds to the trash problem.

... they burn the plastic bags

.

As a consequence ...

... introduce the strict policies to ban the plastic bags ...

... an excessive part ...

This issue could be resolved if people only cooked, required food, or they fed the ... food to the beggars, pets, or anything that could eat it.

As a result,

a clear, insurmountable

If we follow these steps and the government introduces policy
Tanmay, this is not a direct question essay therefore your opening paragraph presentation is not appropriate as you immediately started the discussion in that paragraph when you were not supposed to. In a Task 2 essay, of which this is, you are only to present the thesis statement and discussion instruction, along with the paraphrased topic for discussion the opening paragraph, without any additional information. Therefore, the presentation should have been:

Over the past recent days, it appears that man has been creating more garbage. I believe that there is a reason for this occurrence and that the bureaucracy can do something about this problem. In this essay, I will discuss a number of reasons as to why this is happening and how it can be possibly resolved.

One of the main reasons that you will run out of time to write this type of essay in the actual test center is because you are training yourself to use researched information in your paper. Do not use researched information during your practice test because there is no internet access at the testing center so you will not be able to look for additional information for your discussion. Rely only upon what you know, understand, and have experienced regarding the question posed.

There are no right or wrong answers in this essay which is why you do not need to do research. You merely need to defend your stance in English in the best way that you know how. The aim of this test is to prove that you can write in coherent English, nothing more, nothing less. So just aim for an understandable paper rather than an information accurate paper.

The essay should also cover a complete 5 paragraph presentation as that is the standard format for this paper. You should also avoid continuing the discussion of the essay in the conclusion because the reasons and evidence should only be within the 3 body paragraphs. The last paragraph is the summation of your discussion and closing of the essay. When you discuss information in the closing paragraph, you present an open ended essay which means your discussion format is wrong and you have no closing statement for the essay so you will lose points for that as well.
PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  
I would like to point out some your grammatical mistakes and give you some recommendations to polish up your essay.
First of all, try to avoid utilizing words such as there is/there are, a lot of, have, and others because they render your less formal, so try to start off your sentences with something else.

Secondly, try to write 5 sentences per paragraph.

As for grammar mistakes,
... also suggest a few solutions ...

... which will help inreduce the waste generation.
nemezidus 5 / 13 7  
Dear Tanmay, in WT2 there can be a few types of essays: this one is clearly a Reason (Why?) - Solution (What to do?) type of the essay. Here are some of my tips, rather than corrections of the grammar.

1. Aim for 4 to 5 paragraphs in total (2 being for introduction and conclusion and 2 or 3 body paragraphs).
2. What I do for introduction is to look for the prompt and add a thought on what is not to be covered in the Main body paragraphs. Here the prompt asks you Why? and What to do? You could add a sentence in the introduction on What are the consequences? E.g. If not addressed by the government, tons of garbage may threaten the existence not only of animals and plants, but also the mankind. Doing this will earn you a sentence where you can show some vocabulary.

3. I try to group reasons, consequences as a basis for a paragraph into following generally accepted categories: economic, social, political, environmental etc. This would sound especially good at Academic Module. You named only materials that lead to increase in waste generation. While the first one is the problem of the material itself, the other one may be looked at as a matter of human behavior.

4. Aim to have at least 3 sentences in each body paragraph. A useful formula to follow is: A + E + E: Argument (Idea) + Explanation + Example.

E.g. I believe that human eating habits contribute to increased production of waste all over the world. More and more people prefer fast-food as their meal during lunchtime. It is an evident fact that fast-industry generates and uses a lot of single-use items in their activities such as plastic glasses, spoons and boxes. For example, I always see tons of garbage lying around the most popular quick-lunch cafes in my town. As a solution the government may obligate every fast-food restaurant to send all their plastic wastes to a recycling factory or promote traditional restaurants that do not use plastic ware.

5. I suggest using your own experience to support your ideas. Personal stories, stories of your friends, colleagues etc.
6. The conclusion is a summary of your thoughts and should not include new ideas or statements.

I hope you find this helpful.
Jimmy879873 26 / 55 13  
Hi Tanmay, the closing paragraph is for you to wrap up all of your supporting points that you have made previously in the essay so now I would like to write you a concluding paragraph for your reference.

To conclude, excessive food waste have been made by families over the years. As well as the enormous amounts of plastic waste that come from people are rendering our natural environment to suffer irreversibly harmful gases across the globe. Therefore, the government ought to impose various laws in diminishing the waste that people create.

Hope that helps.

Home / Writing Feedback / Why we are producing more and more rubbish? Most of the waste are the plastic bags.