IELTS Writing Task 1 - the production of instant noodles

vallo 1 / -  

how instant noodles are manufactured

The diagram shows the eight steps that lead to the production of instant noodles. Thanks to this scheme, consumers may understand what stages are undertaken for noodles to be made as well as all the ingredients used in production.

The process begins with the storage of flour into silos. After this step, flour is mixed with water and oil in a machinery called mixer to prepare the dough. Thanks to some rollers, it is possible to obtain dough sheets which are cut in thin strips later on. In the fifth step, instead, there is the use of another machinery to give a circular shape to the noodles which are cooked using oil. Once the noodles are cooked, they are left to dry for a short period of time. Then noodles are put in a recipient, namely a cup, where some spices and vegetables are added on. The eight and last step of the production of instant noodles is labelling and sealing the cups. Once the product is packaged, it is ready to start its journey which will lead it to the shelves of the supermarkets.

• task 1
Basic format for this presentation is 3 paragraphs. That means there needs to be:
- A summary overview + trending statement (without a personal opinion)
- Explanation of the starting to middle process
- Description of the packing process or final process

You failed to provide the proper number of paragraph even though you wrote more than the minimum word count. So that means the second paragraph just needed to be divided into 2 presentations to meet the requirement. The part about "Once noodles are cooked", should have been separated in a new paragraph.

There is a personal opinion presented in the opening paragraph, which is not a requirement in the Task 1 essay. This is just a direct descriptive report. Only the task 2 essay requires a personal opinion presentation. There is also a missing trending statement which means the essay does not fulfill the information requirements and presentation format for discussions in the task.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 - the production of instant noodles