Writing task 1: the proportion of revanue made from seven most popular kind of movies in US cinema

Ngoc Dak 1 / 1  

REPORT THE MAIN FEATURES AND MAKE COMPARISONS

The charts below demonstrates the proportion of revanue made from seven most popular kind of movies in US cinema in 1995, 2000 and 2005 as a percentage of yearly total earnings of the US film industry.

Overall, Thriller, Musical and Animation are the least profitable genres. By contrast, Adventure, Drama, Comedy and Action, though fluctuated, made the most profits.

To begin with, in 1995, Drama is the most successful genre, made up over 25 percent in the industry. Whereas animation is the least with only under 5 percent.

In 2000, there were some slight shifts, Drama dipped significantly, about 5 percent. Therefore, Comedy was the most profitable genre, which increased by 5 percent, now accounted for 25 percent of the total earnings. Whilst, animation ascended moderately, it remained the least interested genre.

In 2005, Drama continued to shrink, a similar trend was seen with Action, both of which percentages go down gradually from the beginning of the process. On the other hand, Adventure approximately doubled its proportion in 2005, from 10 percent to almost 25 percent. Comedy remained the dominant genre, rise slightly by 2 percent. Meanwhile, musical became the least profitable genre due to its downfall and animation's volume increasement.

The summary statement is almost a full cut and paste of the original presentation, the paragraph will receive an automatic failing score due to a lack of proper restatement based on personal understanding. You did not do enough work to change the original presentation words and sentence positioning. These show that you are incapable of writing an original summary, it proves you do not really understand what the image is about. You even misidentified the single image as images, the plural form, showing further English word usage problems and a lack of grammar rules knowledge. Incorrect word usage is actually a major problem in the overall presentation. You have already failed the test at this point. There is no sense in reviewing it further.
OP Ngoc Dak 1 / 1  
Can you elaborate further on how can I write a more original summary next time?

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1: the proportion of revanue made from seven most popular kind of movies in US cinema