"Pyramid of Honesty" - Feedback on tone

essayhelpplease 1 / -  
A club I want to join requires a "creative submission", and as I am woefully short on time (translation: the only free time I have in college is devoted to naps), I thought that I might recycle a fun introspective essay (about honesty!) I wrote to amuse myself as a senior in high school. I want you to be completely honest (yes, I am lame and punny like that) with me. Does the essay sound like an arrogant high schooler who loves big words a little too much wrote it? More importantly, I want your honest, visceral reaction. Are you interested in what I have to say or did you have to force yourself to read through it? Any (and I honestly mean ANY) comments are welcome. Feel free to flame me or treat me like a literary goddess (which I am decidedly not)!

As the essay has to be read properly formatted with the requisite graphics, etc. I uploaded it to box.net. You can read it online here: box.net/embed/mlcrromkol5nzcx.swf

Enjoy and PLEASE leave a comment!
s_matti_2404 1 / 4  
Well I must say that your paper did indeed keep me interested despite my admittedly short attention span and need to leave my school's computer lab to enjoy the rare rain we are having here in Vegas...and to get some food. I found it witty, entertaining, and rather intelligent; not just based on pure opinions and shock-value.

As far as the tone of the paper is concerned, I do not feel that it is overly arrogant. Of course, that is just one man's opinion and others may feel differently, but I prefer the comical, yet well-educated nature of the writing. As a matter of fact, had you never mentioned the question of "an arrogant high schooler who loves big words a little too much" I probably would have never even thought of it that way.
duke9418 2 / 6  
The passage did in fact entertain me; however, do you think you are risking sounding snobby through this passage? Maybe it was written too inforamlistically (that isnt a word). I guess I would probably clean it up a little bit more.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Pyramid of Honesty" - Feedback on tone