qualities required for a happy marriage

kaynling 2 / 5  
Marriage is defined as a legal union of man and woman as a husband and wife to spend the rest of their lives together as one. As it is a life-long promise of two people joining together as one to depend on each other and share every thing they possess, it is considered as one of significant decision in many people's lives. Sustainability of happy marriage is significant in order to achieve relaxation and pleasure in life and it can be attained with qualities such as ability to compromise, good communication and love.

Compromise is one of significant factors in success of a happy marriage yet it is known as one of the hardest task to be accomplished during the marriage. The marriage is known to be the union of two people to live as one; however it is impossible to practice this theory in reality as two people continue to keep their individuality. For instance, each person has their own likes and dislike; therefore problems arise in every marriage. Two people can not always agree to same issue, and it is their job to find the best resolution to the conflict. The ability to cope with these conflicts determines the path of marriage.

Good communication skill is identified as another base aspect of successful marriage. The good communication skill interconnects with compromise. For example, constant conflicts are a major cause that leads a marriage to disaster. These conflicts can be easily resolved by talking it out and hearing other person's perspective. Through good communication skill, compromise between husband and wife will be made more easily, and effectively.

The path of marriage can be determined based on many different aspects. The marriage does not continue to be the way every couple desires it to be by itself. The sincere effort of husband and wife is the true aspect of determination of a marriage. Being open and able to look at issues at a different perspective would certainly contribute to the success of a marriage. Marriage is one of difficult homework given to every person and it is their duty to discover the best way that will support their marriage to become good and comfortable marriage.

*These are the part of my essay i've got so far. I'm currently working on my 4th paragraph.
there should be a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes, for sure. and thank you very much essayforum.com for always helping me with my essays!! XD
OP kaynling 2 / 5  
Love is final aspect of the path which leads to happy marriage. Love gives power to oneself to forgive no matter how angry they are, trust and believe in each other, gives hope even in worst situation, and ability to endure struggles or difficulties in the marriage. With love, one can think of other first before themselves. Therefore, most important aspect of successful marriage is love as it is total sum of many qualities required to sustain a marriage.

*this is my 4th paragraph
help before 11am tomorrow would be awesome
thanks so much
"Marriage is defined as a legal union of man and woman as a husband and wife to spend the rest of their lives together as one." Try again. If you are defining marriage as a legal union, you cannot say it means they have to spend the rest of their lives together, as legal contracts are easily dissolved, say through divorce. Even in cases where a divorce is difficult to obtain, husband and wife can separate so that the marriage exists in name only. For that matter depending on what country or state you are in, you can't really even necessarily specify that it is always a union of a man and a woman. On the other hand, if you are talking about marriage as a religious sacrament, then you can work in the lifelong commitment aspect, and specify the genders, if you are working from the perspective of one particular religion. However, you then have to drop the legal union aspect, as that is incidental, and, in some cases, lacking, as in the cases of churches that perform same-sex or polygamous marriages in states where they are illegal.

For the body paragraphs. Add more depth by giving specific examples, and perhaps some less obvious qualities beyond good communication skills and the ability to compromise.
Marriage is defined as a legal union of man and woman as a husband and wife to spend the rest of their lives together as one.

I think you should get rid of the word "defined," and actually...get rid of this whole sentence.

As it is a life-long promise of two people, joining together as one to depend on each other and share every thing they possess, marriage is considered as one of the most significant decisions in many people's lives. (now write a sentence that introduces the idea of how some marriages are successful and others are not.) Sustainability of happy marriage is significant in order to achieve relaxation and pleasure in life, and...

Marriage is like difficult homework given to every person, and it is their duty to discover the best ways to support one another to create a good and comfortable marriage.

This does not have many mistakes! Keep at it. I think you could add a good attention grabbing, interesting sentence to the beginning of the first paragraph, too. It is a cool essay; I like the structure, where you write about communication, compromise, and love at the end of that first paragraph and then explain them in the body paragraphs.

Perhaps you should acknowledge that in modern times marriage is no longer always man and woman. Perhaps you should also acknowledge that marriage has historically kept women in subservient roles, but that gender equality is transforming marriage.
OP kaynling 2 / 5  
thank you so much as always
the feedback really helped me!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / qualities required for a happy marriage