Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS Writing Task 1: The quantity of wheat exports from Australia, Canada and European Community

Capiemun 1 / -  

Wheat Exports

The line graph compares the quantity of wheat exports from Australia, Canada and European Community between 1985 and 1990.

Overall, the amounts of wheat exported by Autralia and Canada slightly decreased, while the amount of this exporting product by European Community sharply rose during the period shown. Despite the fact that Canada's figure witnessed the most dramatic change, at the end of the period European Community became the largest exporter.

In 1985, Canada provided nearly 20 million tonnes of exported wheat while European Community and Australia exported around 17 tonnes and 15 tonnes respectively. Over the following three years, the numbers of wheat exported by Australia and European Community minimally dropped by around 2 million tonnes. The figure for Canada also witnessed a small reduction before reaching a peak with 25 million tonnes in 1988.

Between 1988 and 1990, Australia's wheat exports continued to reduce to only about 12 million tonnes. By contrast, the amount of wheat exported by European Community saw a significant growth to more than 20 million tonnes. The number of Canada considerably fell to approximately 19 tonnes.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1: The quantity of wheat exports from Australia, Canada and European Community