IELTS letter- request for a training course to your manager

FrankZheng 3 / 14 7  
You work for an international company. Recently your job has changed and you believe that more training is need. Write a letter to your manager and say

- How has your job changed?
- Describe a type of training you will need.
- Suggest the arrangements incorporating training and your work.

Dear Sir,

I recently joined in this department as a product manager. As you might know, I used to be a software developer, and I am writing to request a training on French in order to design the international version of our products.

I studied French several years ago, therefore I can do basic communication with the French colleagues. However, I find it difficult to describe the detailed requirements and features of our products. If possible, I would like to take a language training class to improve my French level, especially the writing.

I have already searched some available courses in the Internet. Fortunately, many institutions do offer evening classes. Therefore, I could continue my work while taking the language course. Besides, I plan to finish my course by the end of this year.

I will be grateful if you could approve my application. Thank for your time.

Yours sincerely,
Toms
singh3508 - / 1  
i liked your letter, crisp and clear
in my opinion, paragraph 2 should be little more explanatory in terms of your requirement and specificity.
Thanks
Jagdeep
Well... this is an official letter and generally we start official letters with a sentence to explain exactly why we are writing. It helps even if the person does not know us. This is what I suggest you ;

I am writing this letter to request for a training on French language in order to design the international version of our products. As you may know, I previously worked as a software developer and recently had a transfer to Sales Department as a Product Manager.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
However, I find it difficult to describe the detailed requirements and features of our products. If possible, I would like to take a language training class to improve my French level, especially the writing.

Tell the importance of having proficiency in French.
However, my knowledge is not sufficient enough to express more complex details of our products in French, especially in writing. Since proficiency in French is an essential skill for me to perform better in this new capacity, I shall be thankful if you could arrange a training program for me to develop my French language skills.

Therefore, I could continue my work while taking the language course

Therefore I can attend the classes without having any disturbance to my work.
OP FrankZheng 3 / 14 7  
Many thanks to sigh3508,dumi,pahan.

I rewrite this letter to make it more convincing.

I am writing to request a training on French language in order to design the international version of our products. As you might know, I am recently transferred from software development department into your department as a product manager.

We are working the new specification of French version, requiring reading many relevant document and communicating with the local office. As a matter of fact, I have some basic knowledge on French because I took a course two years ago. However, my knowledge is not sufficient enough to deal with those complicated structures and grammars which are essential to express detailed features of our products. I shall be thankful if you could arrange a training program to develop my French language skills.

I plan to take an intensively evening class,so that it would not interfere with my daily work and use the newly acquired knowledge as soon as possible.

I will be grateful if you could approve my application.

Thank for your time.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS letter- request for a training course to your manager