The Review of movie <Whiplash> "Good job"

BoshishengWork 1 / -  

excellent movie without ending

There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "Good Job"

Although I have been planning several weeks to write this review for the movie < Whiplash >, when is going to start, I don't think it's an easy task. First, I hardly know the things of music, since I am not a musician. Even worse, I have never studied any instrument if not counting the harmonica I just learned dozens of hours so I cannot blow a song. Of course, you should not expect me to analyze the music rhythm and specialty, but cited other's review from the Internet, the band music seems not great, in other words, not professional. This result is beyond our imagination, we would have thought the music should be fantastic when showing in the movie because many people would see it. Ok, I know many people appreciate its band music, like me, but excluding in our topic today.

What we discuss today is the movie itself. First of all, as many viewed people know, this movie does not finish. A big band played the excellent melody on the stage and the core characters, Fletcher and Neiman were contesting in the greatest part, you called it "the end", maybe it's the splendid climax in the middle of a story. Also, there is a mystery leaving in the cinema, at least for me. What is Fletcher's real meaning?Is Fletcher a bad person who just suppresses his students and said some nonsense to deceive and revenge Neiman?Is he just a common and even despicable man?The audience would really sad if so. On the contrary, there is another possibility. I believe more people would like this detection. What the whole Fletcher did is to incentive Neiman, to urge him to be great like Neiman himself told Nicole when he decided to break up with her. Neiman is a little weird and cruel, we'll be talking later. But this hypnosis has some issues. It's important of this show for the player according to Fletcher said to them before the start. If you failed, maybe needing to find another work. Is it possible for this couch to risk Neiman career?Everybody would say yes, because Fletcher is so mean and unsympathetic, thinking of what he did to poor Elmer and slapping Neiman. But the real problem is why he did not give Neiman "Upswingin" score?None would think it's a kind presentation. Even pushing the drummer to the great does not need this unmeaning method. So only one explanation can answer the question, Fletcher had a great dream, which makes us respect, but sadly, he is not a great person.

The next step I want to discuss is Neiman, the leading role. What kind of person is he?What passion should we hold for him, disappointed, angry, sympathetic etc?Let me see what he did in his high school, purely fictional Shaffer Conservatory. He loves music, no one can deny it. So he had entered the best music school in the country, and then had entered the "Studio Band", the top jazz orchestra. He is a diligent student in band, who had often practiced till late at night. There is not any problem till now. But he is aggressive which does not show from his usual appearance. When reuniting with his family, he had broken the harmonic atmosphere just because he had not got the compliments from the elders as his brothers-in-law, just like a child. The viler act was breaking with Nicole. To be your girlfriend and decorate herself beautifully was not make you humiliated. On the other hand, Connolly was very nice to him, to help him resolve the embarrassment and greet him very friendly. But he had only worried about the core drummer position, even insult Connolly with "True my pages". Furthermore, he has a little sensitive and not respects himself enough. he had pursued his dream under the state of ignoring reality. When he was hit by a car, he had also wanted to perform on stage. Actually, every people would know it's time to give up, but he didn't. So, Neiman is a real person who has the good character we appreciate and also shortcoming like everybody, Fletcher is the same person. Maybe that's the exact reason why this movie is excellent, it's full of art aura, at the same time, and everybody can find themselves who is not perfect.

Ok, That's all.
HuJun, a movie review must be made with an academic consideration. Your essay reeks of lack of professionalism, your frustration at having to write a paper about something you know nothing about, and your desire to simply get over with the assigned work. That shows tremendous disrespect for your reader, specially your closing comment of "Ok. That's all.". That is so disrespectful that it is tantamount to you saying "Get out of here!" If you did not want to write the paper, then it would have been better if you had not written anything at all, rather than having such a disrespectful tone throughout the essay. You must change your tone to a respectful, academic representation of your work if you wish to have the reader consider you not familiar with the topic of the film, but still trying to do your best to present a good enough movie review for it.

Having seen this movie myself, I can tell you that it is not a movie without an ending. In fact, the ending shows that Neiman won his musical showdown with his teacher as his teacher stopped at the end and the film faded to black with Neiman still playing on the drums. The ending is clear. He beat the abusive teacher at his own game. His character in the movie is strong and knows how to get what he wants. He had no distractions and anything or anyone that serves to distract him, can be discarded immediately.

What slant did you plan to use for the review? Was it a comparison of characters based on strengths and weaknesses? That is what I think you tried to do here. Unfortunately, you did not compare the characters point by point, using similarities that are clear in the film (both are headstrong and refuse to be beaten by the other) so your review was not really accurate.

You have to focus the review on a particular comparison point or theme in the essay in order to make it more effective. Your current presentation lacks a concentration on a discussion point, which is why it is confusing to read (aside from your many grammatical errors that cause stress on the reader), and doesn't really make a point at the end of the discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / The Review of movie <Whiplash> "Good job"