Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Rubik's cube - having trouble with a conclusion

michaelfrye1970 9 / 21  
Could you please give me any grammar mistakes in this essay. Also I am having trouble writing the conclusion, not sure how to kick off that last paragraph.

TIA

The popularity of the Rubik's cube has increased exponentially in recent years. The time it is taking "speedcubers" to solve the cube has decreased with every competition held. Some of these speed improvements are due to the quality of the cubes. There are several types of cubes available in the standard 3x3 style. Availability, price, and durability are considerations when choosing a cube.

The most widely available cubes are the store bought Rubik's brand cube. This type of cube is what most people own. They are the easiest to find since they are available at most large retail chains like Wal-Mart or Target. Rubik's also offers a Do It Yourself (DIY) cube through its website. The DIY's are easy to order and are received in about two weeks. Eastsheen a Chinese based company offers "intellectual cubes" due to Rubik's having the patent on their name. Eastsheen cubes are selling through several Chinese language websites and Ebay. The intellectual cubes take from four to eight weeks for delivery. The store bought cube is easily the most available of any type of cube.

The price of the standard cube ranges from $7.00 - $15.00. Most retail stores offer the Rubik's cube for $9.95. Amazon lists the same Rubik's cubes for $7.95 but then you pay the shipping price and the cost is about the same. The Rubik's website has the DIY's priced at $14.95 with a shipping cost of $5.00. Purchasing an Eastsheen cube on EBay or another website does not change the price by much with listings as low as $7.00, but the shipping costs are from overseas and are about $5.00 per item. Eastsheen cubes purchase price is cheaper than any other is, but once you add shipping costs the best choice in price are the store brand cubes.

Cubes durability varies among the brands and types of cubes available. The store brand Rubik's have stickers with a plastic coating that peels up over extended use and then the color rubs off completely. Store brand cubes have an inability to adjust. Cube adjustments make it easier to turn the cube faster and smoother. Store brand cubes also have a style of sticker that peels up after repetitive use and the color rubs off, causing the purchase of replacements. Rubik's DIY allow for adjustment by coming unassembled. The Rubik's DIY has a flaw that allows the center cube to pop of randomly during use, anyone should see why this would be a problem. The Rubik's DIY does come with a thin solid vinyl sticker that does not rub off. The Eastsheen cubes are of high quality and come out of the box ready for the fast turns and still have the ability to be adjusted like the Rubik's DIY's. Eastsheen also provides the solid vinyl style sticker set that does not peel away after extended use. The durability of Eastsheen cubes makes it the smart choice for long-term use.

Comparisons in availability, price, and durability help make a choice in a cube purchasing. Store brand Rubik's are great for anyone that wants to play with a cube on a recreational basis. They are relatively cheap and easy to get. Rubik's DIY's having the issue of the piece popping out could be problematic during timed solving events. The ability to adjust is commendable but the price is relatively expensive. Eastsheen cubes are ready for use out of the box; they do not have any design flaws, and even with shipping included are slightly cheaper than the Rubik's DIY's. When searching the internet for opinions on cubes, the Eastsheen cubes get recommendations by "speedcubers" throughout the world. Eastsheen's intellectual cubes are the best option for someone with the desire to get faster times. Rubik's DIY, store brand Rubik's, and Eastsheen cubes all have a place in the world of cubing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Rubik's cube - having trouble with a conclusion