[IELTS task2] Some schools are considering allowing advertisements in their buildings

Hangngo 2 / 4  

advertisements inside schools

These days, some schools do not have enough money to pay for all the programs that they think are necessary for their students. As a result, some schools are considering allowing advertisements in their buildings. Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?

Please give me some comments.

In contemporary, there are some educational institutions could not afford to pay for all essential programs for their students due to the lack of money. As a result, they are deeming whether they should admit the occurrence of advertisements in their building or not. From my perspective, advertising inside school has pros and cons but it could be an appropriate opinion.

Initially, educational institutions are not only raise their money, but their pupils can also find out lots of useful information thanks to advertisements. There are many goods and services meeting the demand of students that suppliers can advertise at school from foods and beverages to necessary courses. For instance, after seeing a flyer of a grocery on school bulletin board, students might decide what they should pay for meals or snacks after schooldays easily.

In addition, allowing organizations implement advertising plans inside might help schools spread their images to the general public. The management board of each educational institution should make a negotiation that in case of advertising inside their buildings, those organizations have to promote school's good points. As an example, a school in where there are lots of excellent students introduced by a foreign language center can attract more students next semester.

On the other hand, there are some disadvantages from advertising inside school if the school leaders cannot control total content written in advertising panels. If information about a poor quality course is circulated in educational environment, it can lead to serious problems such as losing the credit of learners and their parents or lowering school's reputation.

In conclusion, the benefits of accepting advertisements inside school can outweigh the drawbacks. In order to reduce financial burden, educational institutions can admit advertisements inside but they must take control over the advertising content strictly.

(296 words)
Victoria40156 - / 3 1  
When you say "it could be an appropriate opinion" I feel like the word "opinion" does not fit in this context. Consider changing it to "stance" or some synonym of that.
You are not really offering an opinion in the response or throughout the essay. Always remember that when asked a direct question, a direct response is required within the last 2 sentence of the prompt paraphrase. Additionally, the prompt asks you to give a reference idea that supports your agreement so you have to provide that as well. The main problem with this essay is that you have decided to take a middle aisle position in the discussion. This is not a C/C or A/D essay so the examiner will have to score you down for not having a proper opinion for discussion in the essay.

When you are unsure about how to respond to an essay, never take the middle seat. Always use an outline before you start the essay. There are always two sides to any discussion. In this case, the two options for response are:

- Good idea
- Bad Idea

Create a list of what you think are the good ideas and the bad ideas. Based on the listing which do you think has more benefits for the money making efforts of the school? Look for the unspoken questions that will help your discussion. In this case:

- How will advertising affect the students when in school? What sort of ads should be allowed?
- Should the school only focus on raising funds through advertising for their academic programs? Yes or no? Why?

If you do not learn to analyze the question and create your own outline and outline questions that will help you better formulate a response, you will never be able to defend a solid single opinion in the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS task2] Some schools are considering allowing advertisements in their buildings