IELTS writing task 2 - Science - To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

vutrongnhan 1 / -  

The most important aim of science should be to improve people's lives.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Humans are living in an era full of amenities and fulfilment as never before. Some people claim that constructing and assisting our lives is the grand mission of science. I agree that our society could hardly survive if we shut down science, but I think keeping sapiens alive will never be its salvage.

It is hard to deny that the application of science has created a significant change in our society's development, displayed by the existence of technology. For instance, the Internet and electronic devices play crucial roles in how people, regardless of living in the urban, countryside, or even between nations, share information and build businesses. Furthermore, there is no doubt that science has been a giant accomplishment of humans that differentiates us from other species. Indeed, the way we manipulate tools and develop such complicated levels of communication and scientific theory leads us to get excellent health conditions, dominate the planet and conquer beyond any man's wildest dream.

On the other hand, chasing that dream at all costs is not what we are ready for. As we hold every means of changing the world, man must take responsibility, and protect our home. As a matter of fact, humans have witnessed countless natural disasters resulting from scientific practice, such as industrial emissions and plastic litter. Nevertheless, since we are staying in a shared home, it is unforgettable to conserve the natural habitats surrounding us.

To sum up, it is my firm belief that as well as to enhance our health, accommodation, and work, the final purpose of science is to advance and recover the lives of an enormous quantity of species living on Earth.
You are not answering the correct question with your writer's opinion. Go back and review the given statement. See where you went off track with your response? You basically changed the discussion basis, so your opinion in relation to the question is no longer valid.

You are supposed to provide a single opinion that shows an extent of disagreement or agreement with the given topic. What you did was a comparison discussion, which is not the purpose of the essay. The overall response, though well thought out, does not represent an acceptable response as it is unrelated to the given writing instruction. You basically created your own discussion consideration for this essay, which will not be good for the overall scoring consideration.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2 - Science - To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?