An second language should be introducted after the child is mastering the mother tongue.

Trisulastri 27 / 18 4  
some people think it is better for children to begin to learn a foreign language at primary school than at secondary school. What is your opinion? Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

In this globalization era, there are many opportunities that require people to use another language, particularly English, than their mother tongue. People believe that it is better for youngster to learn about foreign language since at primary school rather than secondary school. I would argue that this will bring many benefits for children future.

Most of parent this day is applying bilingual method in the house to raise their children as they believe that children who able to master two languages have better career opportunities. However, teaching a new language to kids since in earlier stage increase burden on a child's cognitive and this had a lasting impact on their development. The Chinese, for instance, tend to educate their children with their native language and English since in the primary age. However, research findings by the researchers from Russian show that more than half of these children showed a delay in memorizing the vocabulary from both of these languages compared to monolingual children. As a result, bilingual children would be difficult to master thoroughly compared to monolingual children.

However, I believe that the benefits of learning two languages in primary school outweigh the drawbacks because of several reasons. Most of research had shown that learning a second language in childhood is the effective way to increase intelligence and better cognitive abilities because vocabulary of the new language will stimulate children's brain. Not only this, it will also enhance the multitasking abilities of children as youngster learning to remember the structure of each language at the same age. The most important benefits of this trend is that expands career potentials, so kids have better opportunities to work in overseas.

To conclude, although learning second language showed slower progress to memorizing vocabularies, I believe that learning other language brings more advantages, as long as the parents who provide new language learning in children should pay attention to the age of the child's development and a second language should be given after the child is mastering the mother tongue.
JanFan 4 / 6  
I have read your essay, and below are my suggestions.

"potential" is uncountable.
"youngster" is countable.

so kids have better opportunities to work in overseas.

... language showed slower progress to in memorizing vocabularies, I believe that learning other A NEW language brings more advantages, as long as the parents who provide new language learning in children should pay attention to the age of the child's development and a second language should be given TAUGHT ONLY after the child is mastering the HAS MASTERED THEIR mother tongue.

Home / Writing Feedback / An second language should be introducted after the child is mastering the mother tongue.