IELTS - Is social skill as important as good qualification? give your reasons.

duo008 6 / 39 5  
The issue of whether social skills play as vital role as good qualifications when you looking for a job is of great concern to many people. In my point of view, although the qualification is one of the significant conditions, social skills are indispensable part of job seeking.

It is undoubted that people who having good qualifications can find a satisfied position. Obviously, employer prefers to choose a person who graduated from Harvard University rather than hire someone just took a short term in TAFE. Because these qualifications can prove you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well. By contrast, even if you are really good at sociable, without competent qualification you still cannot find a job.

However, the significance of social skills should be neglected, especially when you are seeking for a management position. Because it is about how you can coordinate people in company. Rapid response ability, decent communication skill and good organizing ability are fairly important in your work environment. Because work sometime is not only related to professional knowledge, but also deal with interpersonal relationship. Person who has these kinds of skills can handle business cases more efficiently and smoothly. But lack of those kind of skills may cause contradiction among colleagues, enhanced, injure the interests of companies.

In conclusion, despite the fact good qualification is the key fact to decide whether you can find a job or not, from the perspective of employers social skills do enjoy the equal role. Therefore, they are both important to us.
The issue of whether social skills play as vital role as good qualifications when you are looking for a job is of great concern to many people.

It is undoubted that people who are having good qualifications can findasatisfied positionstandout others in the job market.

Well, I read your essay up to your first body para. However, it lacks the feeling of the comparison between life skills and qualifications as your topic suggests.
Mowonight 9 / 19 3  
TAFE

Well you should not use such acronym without indicate their signification before. Then I think that the structure is not optimum, you should not use an entire paragraph to illustrate with an exemple only (a.k.a ur para 1)
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
thank for you correction!
It is good if you included the prompt in this thread because then we would have a better understanding about what it really requires from you and provide you with more meaningful feedbacks. Start doing it with your next thread.

I feel your intro needs more expansion.
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
Hi

dumi

,
thanks,

i add a sentence:

Nowadays, finding a good position is always a big challenge around the world. People are struggling with their resume.
The issue of whether social skills play as vital role as good qualifications is of great concern to many people when they are looking for a job. In my point of view, although the qualification is one of the significant conditions, social skills are indispensable part of job seeking.
xingshigang 4 / 9  
This is very good for me too.
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
This is very good. There are few fixes I did. Do not separate the hook and the other parts. Have everything together.

really appreciate for your help.

could you give me some suggestions about body of the essay?

Sure :)
It is undoubted that people who are having good qualifications can find a satisfied positioncan stand out others who do not have those credential when they apply for jobs .

In body paras, try to bring up the real reason in the first sentence itself. Then you can elaborate on that idea with one or two extra sentences and then give a specific example to support that reason.
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
thanks, I see!
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Because these qualifications can prove you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well

This is an incomplete sentence.
To revise this, create an independent clause which is a group of words that contains a subject and verb and expresses a complete thought.
Independent clause + Dependent clause or
Dependent clause (a comma) Independent clause

Because these qualifications can prove you.. | dependent marker word + a subject and verb (dependent clause)
a subject and verb (independent clause)
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
Because these qualifications can prove that you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well.
is that correct?
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
it's not that I mean, but here is:
This is (independent clause)because these qualifications can prove (that) you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well.(dependent clause)
This is because these qualifications can prove (that) you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well.

Because it is about how you can coordinate people in company.

Please kindly visit this link: owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/598/01 to learn independent and dependent clauses. Let me know if you have question(s)

Hope this helps :D
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
it's not that I mean, but here is:

OK, I see. Thank you eddies.

So i think in the 2 paragraph I should modify the sentences like that:

It is undoubted that people who are having good qualifications can stand out others who do not have those credentials when they apply for jobs.Because these qualifications can prove that you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well. Obviously, employers prefer to choose a person ....

that's make more sense.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
that's make more sense.

Yes, it is true, but as per grammar rules it is not too good.

It is undoubted that people who are having good qualifications can stand out others who do not have those credentials when they apply for jobs. This is because these qualifications can prove that you have solid knowledge and ability to take over the job well.

or also this can be written:

It is undoubted that people with good qualifications can stand out in a career at work compared to ones who have no academic credentials. This is because the qualifications can prove that people with solid knowledge and ability take over the job well.

or simply write like this:

Admittedly scholars successfully pursue a career at work compared to ones who cannot establish any academic credentials. This proves in-depth knowledge and academic ability bring people easily take over the job well
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
THANK you EDDIES!! Really helpful!!
bakhadeer 6 / 20  
you have very useful comments. can you help me in my esseys. i found it hard to write task 2 because of lack specific information and shortage of knowledge about given topic
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
If you wanna someone help you, you should start with a proper thread heading like IELTS - <brief the question or topic>
and then choose writing feedbacknotEssays, Term Papers
Deen - / 1  
I learned more from your essay.Thank you!
Nowadays, finding a good position is a big challenge. People are always struggling with their resume.

You should have had only one of these sentences as your hook. Both do not add much value to your intro. Stop with one sentence (I mean a hook) that can provide a strong and interesting entrance to your topic and then move to explain the background about the issue. Finally you should state your opinion :)

It is undoubted that people with good qualifications can stand out in career at work compared those who have no academic credentials.
OP duo008 6 / 39 5  
Ok, thanks Pahan!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Is social skill as important as good qualification? give your reasons.