Solid education and technical skills - LETTER OF MOTIVATION FOR GERMANY

Ronal123 1 / 1  

LETTER OF MOTIVATION

I believe that having a solid education and technical skills will enable a person to solve various problems that arise in society. I see graduate studies and associated research as an opportunity to grow as an individual and to acquire knowledge that can be used for the betterment of society. In my case, the thought process of this decision came not of a day or two, but of a well-planned and evaluated thought process that spanned the last 2 years from the 3rd year of my under-graduation course, when I started gaining knowledge from my final year project as well as my following practical knowledge from my work experience. Being a developing country, my country still needs proper guidance and advanced technologies with highly efficient skilled manpower, even in the field of Mechanical Engineering and on its sub-fields. This has been a great motivating factor for me to continue my graduate studies and contribute to the development of my country.

During my undergraduate studies, I had a plan to work for a long period in any Industry after my studies. My final year project, on the other hand, had a great impact on me and inspired me to pursue the enormous areas of research fields. After my graduation, working on a Mechanical Design Company made me more enthusiastic to return to academics and undertake Master's studies in Biomedical Engineering at Lübeck University of Applied Sciences. I have loved every minute of my work, especially the opportunity to take part in sophisticated projects and discuss ideas with senior Design Engineers. I am not satisfied with the same routine procedures under the direction of others. I want to manage or be a part of the team that directs the course of the Project. These intentions paved a way for selecting this Master's degree course.

From my small classes, I loved physics and mathematics. I was fascinated by its numerical solutions and the way of solving each problem. My 12th grade mathematics teacher showed different ways to solve problems. The way she thinks and finds the answers made an interest in me to think like her for solving the problems and finding the best solution. I felt contented after solving difficult problems. After my 12th grade, I took a firm decision to join a course where maths was the fundamental subject. I have always been fascinated by motorized toys, dating back to my childhood. My cousin and I were accustomed to dismantling those toys and reassembling them into new goods. Only because of the 2 reasons stated above, I had taken the mechanical engineering course as my Bachelor's Degree.

During my bachelor's various core topics of mathematics like Calculus, Differential equations, Linear Algebra and all helped me in developing my logical way of thinking and problem-solving abilities. Other subjects like Mechanics of solids, Thermodynamics, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Fluid Dynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Design of Machine Elements, Mechatronics, and Computer-Aided Design and Analysis were also really interesting for me and showed the different application levels in the field of Engineering. The professors also motivated me to complete my Bachelor's degree with a good grade.

During my 6th semester, the subject named Computer-Aided Design and Analysis became the turning point for me in the design field. In that subject, I studied the designing software Catia 3D Experience and an analysis software Ansys Simulation. Following that, I developed a strong desire to learn more about designing. However, I successfully completed 2 more designing software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks from a reputed CAD Institute in parallel to my Bachelor's period. Management-based disciplines like Business Economics and Principles of Management demonstrated how to manage everything we do in order to maintain a work-life balance. This led me to study certified courses of the software Microsoft Project and Primavera P6. An online certified MATLAB course helps me to understand computations that calculate a set of outputs when provided with a set of inputs.

On a Semester break, I had an internship for 1 week in Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore- a Chemical manufacturing company (FACT). I analysed the specialization in unit operations and the equipment used for the process and it's controlling. Here I understood the practical implementation of a theoretical concept that doubled my interest in the Mechanical field. During the internship, I came to understand that the working environment and the safety measures they had taken were conventional and dangerous. In light of this, I decided to do my final year project demonstrating the Design and Analysis of Knee Mechanism. In the project, we designed a 4-bar polycentric Knee Mechanism with a spring-damper system that helps in stair ambulation and normal level walking. I designed the 3D structure using the software SolidWorks and analysed its forces and factor of safety. With the support of the Project guides, we presented the Paper Design and Analysis of a Polycentric Knee Mechanism for Stair Ambulation in an International Conference on Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering ICAME'21 and got an appreciation for the work and gladly selected for publishing as a journal in Elsevier Publishing Company.

During my 8th Semester, HEPTALS Innovations and Technologies Pvt. Ltd. selected me as their Design Engineer for 1 year after recognizing my interest in the design field. I designed several 3D part models as well as assembly drawings and their analysis based on the company client's requirements. This developed my in-depth practical knowledge in the design field. Following that, I was offered a position in the next field of engineering, management. The company named TechVendors India Pvt. Ltd chose me as Project management Intern for 3 Months on a contract-based work in Cochin Shipyard Ltd. For their upcoming new Water Metro Boat Project. There I applied Microsoft Project Online software for managing the work task.

From my Project and these Work Experiences inspired me to study more about biomedical devices and their related control systems which help to contribute more to my project. Based on my researches, I decided to take a master's in Biomedical Engineering because my current studies are insufficient to advance my career to the next level. My decision to study in Germany is based on the fact that it provides great exposure to students, safe for international students, and offered a Biomedical Engineering program that is similar to my study. A degree from this university is recognized worldwide, and as a result, international students who study in Germany enjoy successful and promising careers. Studying Biomedical Engineering at your university will provide me with a unique set of skills and experience, which will help me to advance in my profession. The teaching and research facilities at your university are what drew me in. Your university is one of Germany's top graduate schools for biomedical engineering.

Going through the web, I realized that yours is one of the greatest universities in the country, with several opportunities for students to participate in work and research areas. A strong and excellent academic faculty has influenced my decision to pursue postgraduate studies at your university. If I am given the prestigious opportunity to join your university, I would like to take elective courses like Design Engineering, Signal Processing, Control Systems, Biophysics, Artificial Intelligence, Specialised Bio Mechanics, Medical Robotics as these are closely related to my interest. I am confident that my academic background, combined with my 1 year of practical experience outside the classroom, gives me the maturity that I want to succeed as an ideal overseas student as well as my future career development. After researching the quality of education that is available at your university, and this has been one of the major factors which have motivated me to pursue this program, as opportunities available at your university will allow my potential to grow multiple bounds. I strongly believe that under the guidance of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Achim Schweikard, Dr.-Ing. Robert Wendlandt and others will help me to contribute fruitfully to the research endeavors at your university.

After completing my Master's degree, I plan to spend a few years in Germany gaining experience before returning to my own country. I am confident that after completing your program, I will have the tools necessary to gain significant knowledge and make a significant difference in this profession. Moreover, I would like to manufacture a bionic prosthetic leg with my own design and working principles and make them affordable to the amputated common people. I hope to make use of my education to give back to society.

I very much hope that you would consider my candidature for October 2022 intake.
Thank you for your kind consideration in advance.
Yours Sincerely,
Are you applying fo a scholarship to DAAD using this essay? The reason I ask is because the essay does not follow the traditional requirements for a motivation letter, but could be referring to a DAAD or other scholarship application instead. I base this observation on the vast information coverage in this presentation that seem to be providing information to some prompt questions. The lack of identification for the application of the motivation letter is what prevents me from delivering a more targeted review for the letter. I can only provide a general observation for the improvement of this letter.

Consider that the information to be provided is for a motivation letter. A motivation letter is normally used as the cover letter for an application. It provides a summary of the personal statement, statement of purpose, reason for university choice, and reason for studying in a foreign country. These information should be covered in no more than 5 paragraphs. Therefore, this essay has to be intensely edited for content to meet the paragraph and coverage requirements. Focus only on the aforementioned summary information in this paragraph for that editing work. Proper editing and focusing of the letter content will bring it closer to a motivational cover letter for your application. Provided that is, that the letter is not to be used for a DAAD application.
OP Ronal123 1 / 1  
This LOM is to apply directly to the University, not for DAAD Scholarship. and could you suggest to me a good LOM

Home / Writing Feedback / Solid education and technical skills - LETTER OF MOTIVATION FOR GERMANY