Something Deeper - What am I looking for? Why am I here? Meaning of Life?

starphyre 1 / -  
What am I looking for? Why am I here? And what the heck is the meaning of life?
The quick and obvious answer: I really don't know.
That's been my idea of the proper answer, for most of my life. I really actually don't know. But, "I don't know" is so absolute... it seems so final, like you have nothing to look for. Bland nothingness is an ideal success to you, to succeed and prosper in life, to complete the capacity of you brain with verbal conjectures and mathematical theorems from 200 B.C., right?

But these questions that we may never find the answers to...is my quest in life. To become a renaissance man, a person of ideals and a love of all knowledge, of realization that there is always something more to learn, that no 30 day success program will help you to get to know everything.

No, I am looking for something deeper, something so profound that no language can see or speak its wonders, is the answer to my question. I would not publish it. I would not speak it. I couldn't, probably, because by then, I might be dead!

Have you ever felt as if some awesome force tugs at you when the winds blows through the trees on a crisp fall day, or the sun shines endlessly on and the birds continue singing? As the ebb and flow of nature continues, and man prospers for eternity, always finding a way to move on, to succeed beyond all belief? To see such things happen shoves open the window of human possibility, of triumph, or of the strength, and the all-too real possibility that there is no limits, and that a limit is a falsehood that we people have made to block ourselves from the view of an open horizon: continuing on forever and ever?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

This is an interesting topic! I'll point out a few things I noticed that you might consider correcting.

"complete the capacity of you brain " -- I imagine you mean "your."

"with verbal conjectures and mathematical theorems from 200 B.C., right? " -- Although I think I understand what you are getting at here, it is nonetheless a bit confusing. Also, saying "right?" is very informal. That may or may not be all right, depending on what your essay is for.

"30 day success" -- use a hyphen with compound adjectives: "30-day success" (although some sources will tell you to spell out numbers below ninety-nine).

"something so profound that no language can see or speak its wonders, is the answer to my question." This sentence is run-on and a bit confusing. Perhaps make it two sentences, the second being "That is the answer to my question."

"the all-too real possibility that there is no limits" -- add a hyphen and make your verb and subject agree: "the all-too-real possibility that there are no limits." This sentence is very long; by the end of it I feel lost. Even though I'm not quite sure what you are saying, I'm reasonably sure that's not a proper place for a colon.

It's definitely a thoughtful, introspective piece of writing and I think you have a very good start here!

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / Something Deeper - What am I looking for? Why am I here? Meaning of Life?