IELTS TASK 2 - Sport man makes more money than other. Discuss both views

Tran Tong 5 / 8  
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal of more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Thousands years ago, the Greece invented many playful games and gradually upgraded them to what we call sports nowadays. Players are free of charge at the beginning, but now when sports becoming a serious industry it has created many millionaires such as football, tennis, baseball sportsman and so on. Some people argue that it is completely wasteful when paying a fortune for playing persons. However, I have a bias towards the principal that who has contribution for the society they deserve to be paid off.

To be success in sport area, besides a nurture gift, those persons ought to practice really hard. Their job are as serious as other careers, therefore any discrimination on payment is unacceptable. Another point is that their success in sport does not only benefit themselves but also their nations' reputation if they achieve a world prize or championship. The money paid to sportsman for the honor they may bring for their countries is just a minor investment against billions dollar spending for wars or weapons.

However, some sportsmen have stuck their images with scandals, drugs, or even prostitutes. This is a phenomenon of overpaying for particular sport stars. Many owners of consuming manufacture really to pay millions dollar to get a famous athlete represent for their products which promises dramatic sale revenue. Easy earnings could lead to easy spending for luxury or even illegal things of a few of sportsmen.

To sum up, everything has two sides, but in this case I believe the downside is just a minor issue compared to greater benefits that sport professional people could contribute for society. For all above, they are worthy of a dream income.

(278 words)
hywb2 5 / 6 4  
Sports have little to do with commerce or money at the beginning, but now it have become a serious industry and created a number of millionaires arising from various fields such as football, tennis, baseball etc. Some people argue that the sportsmen are overpaid and call for cutting their payment for society equity. As far as I am concerned, I think high salary is appropriate for sportsman, in view of enormous efforts they had made for success.

To be success in sport area, besides a nurture gift ,besides inherent talent , those persons ought to practice really hard .tough exercises are indispensable for every player.Their job are as serious as other careers, therefore any discrimination on payment is unacceptable .Their job are not easier than that of other occupation, instead, sportsman have much more workload and unendurable pressure than people who are in other fields.Another point is that their success in sports does not only benefit themselves but also their nations' reputation if they achieve a world prize or championship.Another notable point is that the immense glory brought by sportsman to their countries.
April April 13 / 148 22  
To be success in --- To ACHIEVE success in (it must be either BE SUCCESSFUL or ACHIEVE SUCCESS)
Many owners of consuming manufacture really to pay millions dollar --- this is not clear enough. You could say: 'Big corporations are now offering sportsmen contracts of millions of dollars to advertise for their products as celebrity endorsements are likely to boost sales dramatically.'

Your intro doesn't have to be that long, or it'll take too much time to write. You should write a motivator, paraphrase the rubric, and state your opinion, so 3 sentences are enough.

Also, I think you should explain more in the body para: 'Their job are as serious as other careers' --- why? Do they have to train hard, do they have to suffer from unwanted injuries when practicing, how much do they have to sacrifice?

Best

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - Sport man makes more money than other. Discuss both views