IELTS Writing task 2 - Staying in one place or various places?

Duy Anh 1 / -  

living in one place vs the nomad life

Topic:
In the past, people usually stayed in one place throughout their life. These days, people often move around. They often live in several different places in their lifetime.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?
Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant information from your own knowledge experience.

Essay:
As the world has greatly developed day by day, people often move around and live in several different places in their life time, not staying in one place like before. As a result, people started to wonder what are the advantages and disadvantages of both ways of life. This essay will give some possible answers before a conclusion is drawn.

It is undeniable that living in one place provides a great deal of help. First to mention is the neighbours, they can offer a helping hand because of the trust built from the long period of living in one place. Another advantage is the stability, since the friendly and familiar environment can result in a quick improvisation, individuals can possess a stable job, a safe life and the convenience in solving the problems in life. However, staying in one place throughout lifetime is rather boring. The fact that seeing one familiar scenery or walking on the same road everyday is really humdrum. Moreover, getting stuck at one place like this prevents individuals from gaining more knowledge and ends up ignorant.

As for the nomad life, it also proves to have lots of advantages. The biggest advantages to mention is the knowledge. Because a travelling way of life means individuals have to move to the new place a lot, therefore, they have the opportunity to widen their knowledge by seeing new scenery, experience new culture. Besides the interest coming from new knowledge, living in various places provides individuals a lot of opportunities to better jobs or fortunes. However, the safety of ones can not be guaranteed when commiting this way of life. Because of the lack of connection to the area, there is no one to trust and as a result, there is no help. In addition, without the knowledge about the area, individuals may find themselves wandering into dangerous zone.

In conclusion, both ways of life possess their own pros and cons. Therefore, choosing which one depends on individuals' perspective.

I am working as an IELTS trainer, therefore I really need all of the feedback to improve my writing skill
I appreciate all the help you give me. Thank you!
Thangnguyen315 8 / 24  
@Duy Anh
I don't know others but for me your writing is pretty smooth, thus its coherence and cohesion score would not be low. I think if you can include personal experience, your essay would be more decent! That;s my opinion

Btw, Can you check on my newest writing, too? Thanks a lot !

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing task 2 - Staying in one place or various places?