Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 4

What a strategies you have to adopt to be a good listener? Someone correct me this paragraph.

Atchane 2 / 5  
EF members and friends and family. someone correct me this paragraph.

I had written this paragraph in my exam composition. I hope I will can get a good note.

What a strategies you have to adopt to be a good listener?

We should adopt a strategies to become a good listener. Firstly, we have to be interesting, which when the speaker offer his topic we must pay attention. Secondly, taken notes during the meeting, for example if we do not understand some words, we take notes to translate them, also taken notes help us to remember things. Finally, hold back, trying to let remarkes until the speaker finish his topic, do not stop him to ask question. Good listener have to be interesting, understanding and has a relationship between him and the speaker, that will let him be a good listener.

ichanpants89 16 / 745  
Atchane, you need to pay close attention towards the prompt or the question of this essay. I think the prompt is quite clear. It asked you about the strategies that you have to adopt to be a good listener. You need to know that "YOU" is different from "WE". The prompt was asking about your strategies but your answer was talking about "WE". Who is "we" anyway?. Therefore, I think you need to shift the language usage in this essay. Let me show you how to shift the language use in the descriptions below:

- We should adopt a strategies to become a good listener.
- It is indeed that I adopt some practical strategies to become a good listener.

But wait, I think you've misunderstood about something. The question asked you about the strategies that you've adopt to be a good listener. What is good listener anyway? A good listener is someone who can listen carefully all the problems that people's share. A good listener is someone who can truly understand someone's feeling. A good listener is someone who never misses every single word that people say by taking some notes. Taking notes was okay, but what is the relation between good listener and "interesting"? Is it necessary to be interesting first before listening to anything that people say? that would be offensive for some people who consider themselves as "not interesting". Let me help you by writing an outline about this essay.

Strategies of good listener:
- paying a close attention to what the speaker says,
- taking notes about the important points,
- be patient, wait until the speaker stop speaking for a while before asking some questions.
VadimKlimenko 4 / 10  
Hi, Achraf Atchane,

Please find a number of my suggestions aimed to improve your passage. I hope you will find them useful.

We should adopt a strategies to become a good listener.
Any good listener has adopted a number of effective strategies.

Firstly, we have to be interesting, which when the speaker offer his topic we must pay attention.
The most important one is to pay much attention to what another person says.
.....
Finally, hold back, trying to let remarkes until the speaker finish his topic, do not stop him to ask question.
Another strategy of an effective listener is waiting when another person finishes his idea before asking a question or making a comment.
justivy03 - / 2280  
HI Achraf, here's my take on your essay;

- We should adopt adifferent ( I believe this is a more appropriate word to be used in this part of the sentence ) strategies
- Firstly, we have to be interestinginterested ,
- whichwherein, when the speaker
- for example, if we do not
- also,takentaking notes
- help us to remember things.
- Finally, hold back, trying to let remarkeskeep your remarks and objections or opinions until the speaker finish his topic,
- Good listeners have to be interesting,
- speaker, that will let him be a good listenerit is a two way process, a listener and a speaker .

There you have it Achraf, there is not doubt that you have the idea and how to properly approach your essay, however, you still need a few more practice, as it shows that your ideas did not really manifest in the essay. Learn the language religiously and document your progress, this way, you will be able to see how far you have developed and where else you need to work on. Keep writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / What a strategies you have to adopt to be a good listener? Someone correct me this paragraph.
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: