IELTS Students who gave a ''very good'' rating to the resources

xuanmai2911 1 / 1  

IELTS WRITING TASK 1 TABLE

The given table demonstrates the percentages of first- year students who gave a ''very good'' rating to the resources provided by the college, for 3 courses.

As it is presented, the number of students that rated the commerce course is significantly high while the law major is even and average.

It is clear from the data that the percentages of students who appreciate the provided resource of the economics major have the difference between the information sources ( highest at 59% and lowest at 90%) while the commerce major and the law major are quite uniform (highest at 95% and lowest at 81%).

The diagram also reveals the high rate of teaching in law course is low compared with commerce and economics ( 62% with 95%). Although the rating of the pre-course information of the economics major is poor ( 59%), the teaching and tutor resources are rated well (90% and 95%).

The scoring consideration for this essay will be based on a limited analysis and reporting basis since it only meets the non-deductible work requirement of the task. As such, the scoring considerations for all the sections will also be on a limited basis. This is what happens when you write just enough words to meet the overall grading requirements, but not enough to actually show off your analytical, word usage, and grammar range abilities. That can clearly be seen with a task essay of 175-200 words. No more than 200 though, otherwise you may run out of time to edit and revise the report for the best possible overall scoring consideration. It will be better to write the median number of words to allow for more editing time, that would be around 175 words.

Missing information that would allow for a concise summary overview held back the task accuracy score for this essay. A listing of the 3 courses, along with the information sources would have made for a more effective summary overview. The missing information actually made it more obvious that your opening summary statement is a cut and paste of the original prompt presentation, which would lead to an immediate failing score.
rishabhk4896 5 / 9  
Hi,
1. Paragraphs were well maintained, but it was the poor data reporting that can lower your score.
2. Try to select and report main points, two of the most vital questions asked.
3. Additionally, intro is totally copy and pasted, thus will be excluded from your response, and this essay will surely fall short than 150 words.
4. You don't have to mention numerical data in enclosed brackets, they must be a part of your explanation.
OP xuanmai2911 1 / 1  
@rishabhk4896
thank you so much <3

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Students who gave a ''very good'' rating to the resources