TOEFL Students are more interested in politics today than those in the past.

Ivy_Missing 1 / 1  
With the dramatic development of the modern society, topics about politics are always causing high attention. The issue whether students in this day and age are more interested in politics today than those in the past has received lots of concern. The young generation is often accused of being apathetic and thus some people take youth people have no idea "what is politics" for granted. However, these people fail to take the rise of the new media, wealthier family, and transformation of education institutions' role into consideration and all these factors make students today cares more about politics.

First, in recent years, the products of the new media,such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, enable students to know politics in variety way. No one can deny that traditional politics are slightly boring to the youth, however, politician in the modern world tend to use some new methods to draw students attention, for example, in order to enlarge influence among the youth, Barack Obama's presidential campaign unveiled a 2-minute television ad about the U.S. Economy during 2012 campaign, in order to draw the youth attention, contrary to the tradition way to show the ad just on TV, this time, they put this ads on Youtube, and you can never image how many comments they received from young people.So new media nowadays makes politics less serious than it used to be, thus students are very likely attracted by it.

What's more, the standard of normal people's life have been greatly improved, it enables students to have more time to put into polities, since they don't need spend too much time in working in order to earn some extra money for their family. For example, when my mother was a college student, she have to do three part-time jobs during her free time in order to pay her tuition, cause her family did't have enough money to pay it. So no wander she could not pay too much attention to politics, she is too busy to do it.

Finally, the advent of education reform greatly changed educators's concept, education institutions today are more focus on improving students' awareness of politics. Education reform enable students in present-day society to know basic knowledge about politics, which is the beginning of the deep understanding of the politics. To be more specific, education institutions tend to hold different kinds of salon to give students a place to discuss politics with most freedom, form school's own debate team,etc. All these measures make it possible that students concern more about politics than those in the past.

To sum up, it is very clear that benefit from the new media, relatively rich family, and education reform, students in today's society are more interested in polities than those in the past.
ninasalimi 1 / 1  
I believe you should work more on your conclusion ,it is too short.
OP Ivy_Missing 1 / 1  
Thanks...
The problem is I can't figure out any good conclusion...
I almost said everything I want to say about the topic in the body paragraph, then I totally have no idea how to end this essay ... ... ...
With the dramatic development of the modern society, topics about politics are always causing high attention.

...need to improve :(
In this advance society, politics too have become very complicated and they, either directly or indirectly, have a hand in everybody's life. Therefore, politics have become a popular attraction by many different social groups including the sphere of students too.

First, in recent years, the products of the new media,such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, enable students to know politics in variety way.

.... tell the reason first;
First, the rapid technological advancements especially in the field of information and communication technology, paved the way for students to have speedy access to political developments in the world. For example, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc, enable students to be updated with the latest political news.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Students are more interested in politics today than those in the past.