Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

Some students take a gap year after graduating high school to work and travel. Discuss

thuy18181 1 / -  
Recently, people who have graduated high school tend to take a gap year to carry out their new plans such as travel or probation instead of going to university. From my point, advantages will overshadow its advantages for the following chief reason.

It is undeniable that this tendency has some demerits, putting off compared to peers is that primary reason. Having spent a year exploring the world, the absence of the learning academic gravity due to the fact that their learning can be obstructed by self - consciousness and peer pressure when their peers have gradually adapted to the university environment, they have just entered the university gate. The lack of motivation to come back studying is a factor. Graduating high school is the time students will get out of the safe zone, engage in innovative destinations such as working, traveling that give them an amount of erethism. Therefore, teenage children are easily attracted by money and amusement outside society, and as a result they lose all desire to return to university

However, I still hold the opinion that this trend's upside is much more significant than its downsides. Firstly, it is a substantial stepping stone to engage in independent life. The reason behind this is that working or traveling will be a private experience, the absence of mentors who guide and give a correct direction like at university. Therefore, they learn how to cope with and solve all issues which they encounter on their choice. For instance, should they do the part time jobs such as serving or management, they will definitely encounter difficult customers. In that case, with experience, gradually they will know how to handle things quickly so that the customer can calm down and feel satisfied. Secondly, that is a golden time to work to make money for difficult students. Going to university is not a great amount of money, but not all people are qualified to pay it comfortably.

As a ramification, that one year has helped them stabilize their expenses since going to the university that has less trouble. Finally, there will be valuable lessons for them. Stepping into the vast world, meeting people in other cultures, other environments that enrich their worldview, also their way to look at life. For example, coming in western countries, they realize that the gap between rich and poor is truly huge. From there, they have their own conclusions and views about the discrimination in society.

In conclusion, notwithstanding the demerits, this trend merits are far more remarkable for some points that have just been mentioned and analyzed above.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
The essay is overwritten. Even though you have 40 minutes to write this task, it will be impossible for you to write almost 500 words when you are being asked to write both the task 1 (20 minute essay) and task 2 essay (40 minutes), without a timer to be found. You will always be wanting for more time to finish your essay in this case. If you do not pay attention to the length of your essay, which should ideally be only 300 words long, you will fail the essay test because you were not able to completely develop the essay. An open ended essay will automatically get a failing score. Keep the essay short but informative. Use less words to say more.
Phuonglynnh 1 / 2  
The idea and brainstroming very good but i think it too long and not sure you can write this essay in 40 minutes. Let practise take the test like a real exam.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some students take a gap year after graduating high school to work and travel. Discuss
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: