Study and other activities in student life

nguyenquan 2 / 3 1  
Full time university students spend most of the time studying. They should be doing other activities too
To what extend do you agree or disagree.

balance between study and other activities

Nowadays, the higher the academic achievement is, the more opportunities for work we have. Thus, students in universities try to study as hard as possible. It is not a negative trend, however, the amount of time for other activities is also reduced. This essay will point out the importance of both study and other activities.

There is no doubt about how useful knowledge we gain in universities influences our lives. In term of working in a fiercely competitive environment, the opportunities only belong to people who get greater learning than any others. In addition, person who spends more time to study will receive better level of university leaving certificate which can decide how much salary they earn. Furthermore, students usually have approximate 4 or 5 years in university to gain an enormous amount of knowledge in their areas then use most of their learning through the latter part of lives. This period of time is not enough for students to study, much less other activities.

In contrast, knowledge we gain in university is not the only factor which ensures our success, but skills we learn from other activities may be much more important. Knowledge shows the ability to remember and understand while skills demonstrate how we deal with problems in actual work. The best way to learn skill is participating in useful activities. For instance, playing sports such as soccer or volleyball can improve working in group skill, helping the poor can enhance our sympathy and compassion. In addition, students show their responsibilities for community through their valuable activities.

Overall, activities should be consider as important as study for students in university. A wise student needs to balance time between study and other activities perfectly to gain not only broad range of knowledge but also necessary skills for their future.
Quan, your Task Accuracy score for this essay will a a 1. Which means the whole essay gets a failing grade. That is a failing score indeed. Before you fly off the handle and get irritated, please let me explain how this happened. You see, there was an original prompt that was given to you for discussion. It clearly stated that you were to discuss the "extent" of your agreement or disagreement with the statement in the prompt. Rather than following the instructions for discussion that you were given, you instead created your own discussion requirement by indicating in your opening statement that the essay would "point out the importance of both study and other activities.". You ended up writing a compare and contrast essay when that is not what was required of you.

That is not what the original instructions are. Review the requirements. You did a 360 degree prompt deviation. That is why the overall score for the essay ended up as a failing mark. If you do not discuss the essay in the manner provided in the original prompt, then you will get a failing mark in the TA portion. In which case, the examiner will no longer have to score you on the rest of the scoring criteria. You already proved that you do not have the ability to understand English instructions because you deviated from the required discussion and its appropriate presentation. There is no way this essay would pass an actual test.
OP nguyenquan 2 / 3 1  
Dear Holt, many thanks for your useful advice, it helps me a lot. I re-wrote the essay and hope to receive your comments

Nowadays, high academic achievement give students more opportunities for their work in the future. As a results, students try to study as hard as possible, thus they have less time for other useful activities. Some people believe that it is better to encourage students to do some activities beside studying. I totally agree with this opinion

Activities is really necessary for student life. Firstly, useful knowledge we gain in universities is not the only factor (...) Secondly, students show their responsibilities for community through their valuable activities. For example, students can spend their free time time to help the old in local area, these activities is the best way not only to ease theri loneliness, but also to enhance student's sympathy and compassion. Finally, activities keep students more active by providing them chances to express their creativity and preventing them from being bookworms.

Overall, activities should be consider as (...)

Home / Writing Feedback / Study and other activities in student life